Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Community Guidelines and Message Board Forum Help > Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here!

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Ask Your Message Board Questions Here

Closed Thread

Old November 26th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Cool Cruiser

Red face Closing threads, just wondering....

Hi everyone, just was wondering how it is decided to close a thread? I see some from time to time and they have that little padlock on them. Like I said, just wondering.....

NCL-Pride of Hawaii January 1, 2007
RCL-Adventure of the Seas March 2009
RCL-Serenade of the Seas January 2011

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]

Old November 26th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Cool Cruiser

Normally enough said - going nowhere - with no new posts they fade away

Old November 26th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Very happy you asked this question. I recently had a thread "locked" which was my first attempt at posting. Still don't know why but I guess it's all left to the discretion of the Host.

Old November 26th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Cruise Critic Host

Location: La Marque, TX... about 9 miles from Galveston Island
Arrow F. Y. I. to all,

A host has moved this thread from the Norwegian Cruise Line Forum to the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum.

I found a post by another host on another forum that I think will help explain. Click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...3&postcount=12. Since you cannot see the amount of deleted posts on a thread as the hosts can, his use of "Swiss cheese" as a description is right on!

Please remember the following info showing on top of many of the forums: Questions, comments & concerns regarding the management of our message boards should be directed to: community@cruisecritic.com. Posts regarding these issues will be removed.

Also, per FAQ:

My posting was removed? How do I find out why?

If you have a question regarding the removal of a post or a discussion, please contact our Community Manager by clicking on the Contact Us link located on all pages of the forums. Questions posted on the forums regarding removals will not be addressed and will be removed.

Since this thread questions the management of the boards, it really should be deleted too. However, I am locking it instead so this reply can be seen by all.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful for your enjoyment of Cruise Critic.

Glad to have you aboard,
Kat [IMG]http://skins.***********/skins/mailskins/em/110105/110105_emYA42_prv.gif[/IMG]

Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections.
.................................................. ..
1988 Commodore Caribe I, 1996 Commodore Enchanted Isle, 1998 Carnival Sensation, 2000 Celebrity Century, 2001 Carnival Celebration, 2002 Carnival Jubilee, 2004 Carnival Glory, 2005 Royal Caribbean International Rhapsody of The Seas, 2007 Carnival Conquest, 2010 Celebrity Infinity, 2011 Carnival Conquest, 2011 Celebrity Summit, 2014 Carnival Sensation

Last edited by Host Kat >^..^<; November 26th, 2006 at 09:50 PM. Reason: typo and added thought.

Closed Thread