The Azores

Sarah11

My first post! As part of our cruise this summer we are visiting The Azores. Trying to decide whether to take an excursion or not. We are a family of five but our 'children' will all be over the age of 16, so excursions can become very expensive and don't want to make a mistake. Does anyone know in which ports we are most likely to be able to occupy ourselves, Ponta Delgada or Horta, or are both really very quiet? Any advice would be much appreciated.

We met cruise friends for lunch yesterday who were showing us their photos from a April Caribbean cruise on Arcadia. They stopped at the Azores and had a lovely time walking around the town and didn't do a trip.

• 3 weeks later...

We have stopped at the Azores 3 times and that is 2 stops too many!!

Take the opportunity to stretch your legs on dry land and enjoy temperatures warmer then the UK.

Tours are unexciting, (we did try),and even those with glorious scenery are dependent on good weather, which is never a certainty in the Azores.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for commenting on my post. I have now booked a recommended company on the islands and we will take a tour by taxi. Toda, sorry I haven't responded to your post sooner, I hardly ever come on here, we are leaving on the Oriana next Sunday. Cannot wait to get all the family away.

Archived