Montego Bay

kona_wahine

We originally were going to Falmouth, but were switched to Montego Bay. I wanted to go to Dunn but now it's hours on a bus and that doesn't interest me. Any other suggestions?. Only thing on our list now is Doctors Cave Beach. I assume it's a an easy taxi ride? Is it safe? I assume they take USD?

First time in Jamaica so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by kona_wahine

Yes it is a short and easy taxi ride to Doctor's Cave Beach Club ($5.00 per person???)

Yes it is very safe there (you will find some street vendors outside though). Nice beach with decent food and excellent service right to you.

Yes they take USD. Entrance is $6 per adult and $3 for kids. Chairs and umbrellas are $6 each.

We went to Dr Caves on June 30th. The beach and restaurant were really good. We paid $39 for 4 plus an umbrella & 2 chairs. I highly recommend it. It turned out to be my favorite port.

Can you please tell me if they now have actual loungers or do they still just have those terrible uncomfortable deck chairs?? Last time I ended up sitting on a mat b/c I could not sit in those deck chairs. I thought I read somewhere that they now have actual loungers?? Can you confirm?