traveling from the pier to porto marie or playa lagun

nikkibeth09

We usually just do ship excursions but since carnival isn't offering any decent looking snorkel trips in curacao we are going to venture out on our own. This will be the first time we ever do something on our own so my nerves need some settling...

I have narrowed our snorkel trip to porto marie or playa lagun. How easy is it to hop a taxi from the pier and back to the ship? any idea on prices for those trips? anyone been to both spots that can say which is best? We are going for snorkeling primarily.

We usually just do ship excursions but since carnival isn't offering any decent looking snorkel trips in curacao we are going to venture out on our own. This will be the first time we ever do something on our own so my nerves need some settling...

I have narrowed our snorkel trip to porto marie or playa lagun. How easy is it to hop a taxi from the pier and back to the ship? any idea on prices for those trips? anyone been to both spots that can say which is best? We are going for snorkeling primarily.

We did this a few years ago. We only went to Playa Porto Marie. It was beautiful and I highly recommend it. It is a bit expensive to get there (about 45 minute drive). My recommendation is to see if you can get some people from your roll call to join you in splitting the taxi fare.

We had a group of 9 going which filled a van size cab. We caught a cab at the cruise port and told them we wanted to go to Playa Porto Marie. If I recall it was about $25 per person round trip (several years ago) because we had a full van. It would probably be much more with fewer people. She drove us to the Porto Marie and we arranged a pick up time with the driver. We did not pay until we got back to port. The driver was there well in advance of the time we requested waiting to take us back to the ship.

I would not hesitate to do this again. We always book our own excursions.

• 1 month later...