Can one adult book two different cabins? Traveling with 4 kids

julialeigh13

I am planning to go on a Carribean cruise with Carnival in April with five people, but the problem is that Carnival doesn't allow five people in a cabin. I am cruising with my four teenage kids: two girls and two boys. I was thinking that the girls can have their own room but I was wondering if I could even book two rooms.. Am I allowed to buy two adjacent cabins that are joined? Do any of you guys know anything about carnival's room policy or a solution to this problem? Thanks a lot.

I am planning to go on a Carribean cruise with Carnival in April with five people, but the problem is that Carnival doesn't allow five people in a cabin. I am cruising with my four teenage kids: two girls and two boys. I was thinking that the girls can have their own room but I was wondering if I could even book two rooms.. Am I allowed to buy two adjacent cabins that are joined? Do any of you guys know anything about carnival's room policy or a solution to this problem? Thanks a lot.

Welcome to Cruise Critic..Yes...You should have no problems booking your cruise for the 5 of you..Call them..just have a deck plan in front of you and it will make it much easier to know what cabin locations they are talking about..Do a little online pre-planning to know what your looking for as far as pricing/itinerary etc...Good luck and enjoy this time with your kids and the memories that your making !!!

Each cruise line has its own rules regarding the age of kids that may be booked into their own room; Carnival's is that your kids must be at least 13 YO to be booked into a room near yours (near meaning within 3 cabins). Yes, you can book and pay for both cabins but your name will only be listed as a passenger in one cabin.

Carnival does have ships that accommodate five in one cabin, but apparently you are not looking at them. they include the 8 Fantasy class, Dream, Magic, Breeze, Destiny, Triumph, Victory. These are the ships launched in year 2000 or earlier, and the Dream class that has OV cabins built for 5. Conquest class, Spirit class, and Splendor do not have cabins for 5. EM

Carnival does have ships that accommodate five in one cabin, but apparently you are not looking at them. they include the 8 Fantasy class, Dream, Magic, Breeze, Destiny, Triumph, Victory. These are the ships launched in year 2000 or earlier, and the Dream class that has OV cabins built for 5. Conquest class, Spirit class, and Splendor do not have cabins for 5. EM

Not the OP, but just for sanity's sake, I'd avoid the ships with cabins for 5! The thought of even 1 day in a room with 2 teenaged girls, 2 teenaged boys, and 1 bathroom - :eek:! (And yes, teenage boys can take a long time in the bathroom, too.)

Not the OP, but just for sanity's sake, I'd avoid the ships with cabins for 5! The thought of even 1 day in a room with 2 teenaged girls, 2 teenaged boys, and 1 bathroom - :eek:! (And yes, teenage boys can take a long time in the bathroom, too.)

Our first cruise was 5 of us to an inside cabin on the sensation.

We had a fabulous time. We were in the room to sleep.

But we did use the gym/.spa area to shower. (it was easier that way)

Future cruises it was cheaper to get two cabins.

to the OP- there is a difference between adjoining cabins and connecting cabins.

Connecting ones have the door between the rooms.

Archived