Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Other Mediterranean Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Other Mediterranean Ports Dubrovnik, Gibraltar, Istanbul, Kotor, Kusadasi, La Goulette (Tunis), Lisbon, Madeira (Funchal), Malta, Odessa, Sevastopol, Varna, Zadar

Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Visit to Sintra on April 23rd

My friend and I will arrive in Lisbon April 23rd on RCL Brilliance of the Seas. We will stay 2 nights in Lisbon and would like to go to Sintra for the day on the 23rd. Can you provide any help?

Ad Sponsored By
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

I too would like information on this...

Old January 25th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

I cannot provide specific help, since I was in Sintra and Lisbon on 3 longer land trips by car and not whilst on a cruise, but it is possible to DIY by train to Sintra. You need to take a bus or taxi from the port to Rossio station, where there are frequent trains to Sintra. For timetables, you can look here. Sintra is very nice and I would recommend to go there, but if you have never been to Lisbon, concentrate on the Lisbon/Belem area.
2010-Star Princess Eastern Mediterranean
2012-Costa Magica Eastern Mediterranean

Extensive DIY land travel in Europe, Central America and South-East Asia. We lived in Amsterdam for 15 years.
For river cruisers: we live 60 miles from both Passau and Regensburg.

Old January 25th, 2013, 03:50 PM
10,000+ Club

We have been to Sintra numerous times via a rental car or the train. Both are good options.

Hank

Old January 28th, 2013, 08:23 PM
5,000+ Club

We took the train to Sintra. Went to the castle. Then we took a bus back to Estoril. But, on the way we stopped at a point that was billed as the most western land in Europe. The bus ran every half or on the hour so it was an easy stop.

We walked around Estoril and then took the train back to Lisbon (different train station).

It was a very nice day.

Old January 29th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sintra has 5 different palaces (4 managed by Parques Sintra) http://www.parquesdesintra.pt/en/index.php plus Quinta De Regaleira http://www.regaleira.pt/Default.aspx You can also visit Queluz palace (reachable by train) http://www.pnqueluz.imc-ip.pt/en-GB/Default.aspx Train from Rossio is about 40 min, trains are very frequent (look at green schedule) http://www.cp.pt/StaticFiles/CP/Imag...dias_uteis.pdf

Last edited by hkto; January 29th, 2013 at 02:19 PM.

Old February 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Sintra

My friend and I will arrive in Lisbon April 23rd on RCL Brilliance of the Seas. We will stay 2 nights in Lisbon and would like to go to Sintra for the day on the 23rd. Can you provide any help?

We were just in Lisbon again in November and used the services of Alex at Toptentours and were again very happy with his services. We went to Sintra and really enjoyed it. You can contact him at www.Toptentours.eu and set up whatever you want via email. Very service oriented company and they will help you get the most out of your time spent in Portugal. We were met promptly at the port, saw what we had requested, ate at great local spots, and thoroughly enjoyed our repeat use of this company.