Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > British Isles/Western Europe

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

British Isles/Western Europe Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)

Old June 11th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Cool Cruiser

And.... Our pink "Metro" buses have floors that lower and most buses have ramps! Very easily accessible!

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 3rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Belfast-walking tours

I'd like to hear from anyone who has done a walking tour of Belfast.
How did you get from the ship to the city?
How long did it take?
where does the shuttle leave you?
How was the walking tour?
thank you

Old July 6th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybro View Post
I'd like to hear from anyone who has done a walking tour of Belfast.
How did you get from the ship to the city?
How long did it take?
where does the shuttle leave you?
How was the walking tour?
thank you
Hi there, I am a local and haven't obviously done the walking tour but could answer the rest...

How did you get from the ship to the city? You can walk (about 10 minutes, v straightforward, get a local metro bus which will take about 5 mins or get a taxi which should cost you about £5)
How long did it take? ^^
where does the shuttle leave you? Belfast is quite compact so you can't miss the city and it is very accessible.
How was the walking tour? You could do this yourself. Points of interest would be St Anne's Cathedral, Crown Bar, City Hall - and if you have time the Titanic Museum (it is the other side of the port, you will dock facing it). The best way I think to see the culture is the red HoHo bus. I have done this a few times and it shows you most places you'd want to see, it's about £10 each.

Hope this helps!

Old July 7th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Cool Cruiser

Bubblesqueaker,
Thanks for the info. I've been in touch with a couple different companies offering walking tours around the city, but haven't booked one yet. Do you think it's worth doing and do you have any suggestions on one tour company over another?
Thanks

Old July 10th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Cool Cruiser

Hey, I have never done a walking tour of Belfast so can't help out. As a teacher I have arranged quite a few exchange trips. We always book with Belfast City Sightseeing Tours which is also a HoHo. The tour itself takes about 1.5hour if you stay on without getting off but it shows you the things about Belfast that make it famous. It really depends what you are in to.

Old July 12th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

I have booked the hop pn hop off bus - wgere do you pick it up - is iteasy to find??

Old July 13th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

If you walk into Belfast (assuming you have booked the Red buses / not the white and purple Allen's one) it will take about 10-15 to walk. There is a street called High Street which has the big Albert Clock at the end of it - (Looks a bit like a mini Big Ben) the main departure point is on this street. There is a shop called Currys (Electrical shop) and facing is a big department store called Dunnes. You can't miss it as there are always plenty of representatives about. There is also the opportunity to take a taxi from the dock to the departure point. This shouldn't cost any more than £5-6. Black taxis will always be more expensive!!!