Fireworks?

mark316

We were on the Dream 10/12/13 sailing and did the Behind the Fun tour. Our guide told us that Carnival does not do fireworks at any time due to the risk of fire. He said that the only cruise line that had the permits to do fireworks was Disney, and that is because they use some type of firing system developed for them that isn't hot. This is all per that guide. I have never sailed over the fourth on any line so do not have first hand knowledge.

Happy sailing,

Erin

We were on the Dream 10/12/13 sailing and did the Behind the Fun tour. Our guide told us that Carnival does not do fireworks at any time due to the risk of fire. He said that the only cruise line that had the permits to do fireworks was Disney, and that is because they use some type of firing system developed for them that isn't hot. This is all per that guide. I have never sailed over the fourth on any line so do not have first hand knowledge.

Happy sailing,

Erin

This information is correct. Disney is the only line which has a permit to shoot fireworks.

That is incorrect NCL has fireworks here is a video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GqDMkvEkGk

Does anyone know if Carnival does anything special for the 4th of July? We will be on the Dream that week....thanks

I suspect you will not be in America, so you will see nothing.

Disney is the only line I have seen fireworks.

We've done a number of July 4 cruises. No, there won't be fireworks - unless you luck out like we did on Carnival Pride in 2010 and sail down the Chesapeake on July 4. We had great fireworks all the way to Norfolk.:D However, Carnival does do some July 4 activities - we've had July 4 deck parties in recent years.