Welsh Banquet - Cardiff Castle

Just wondering if anyone has had the pleasure of enjoying the Welsh Banquet at Cardiff Castle in Wales?

We attended the Welsh Banquet at Cardiff Castle in 2012 as part of a 23 day UK guided tour. As best I can remember, the food was nothing special, but the show was fun and included some audience participation. The castle itself is very interesting.

(If you are a "Doctor Who" or "Torchwood" fan, be sure to check out the Wales Millennium Center while in Cardiff.)

Edited by BobBranst

if you're a Dr Who fan, the best place to go is the Dr Who Experience in Cardiff Bay.

http://www.doctorwhoexperience.com/

That's probably true. The Experience had not yet opened when we were in Cardiff. However, after having watched all those great aerial shots of the Wales Millennium Center and the fish shaped courtyard in front on "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who", I had to see it. That is truely an iconic building.

Edited by BobBranst

That's probably true. The Experience had not yet opened when we were in Cardiff. However, after having watched all those great aerial shots of the Wales Millennium Center and the fish shaped courtyard in front on "Torchwood" and "Doctor Who", I had to see it. That is truely an iconic building.

Oh, I agree with you about the building. You can get tours around the building which take you into parts you would not normally see eg dressing rooms.

Didn't have a chance to try the banquet but very much enjoyed touring the Castle. For delicious food go to the "The Potted Pig" (more than pork on the menu) and the pub "The Cottage".

Got to agree with The Cottage, some of the best pub food in Cardiff along with the Duke of Wellington located on The Hayes.