Table for Two on Millennium

clo6216

We are traveling on Millennium in a couple of weeks. My husband and I requested a table for two, late seating. A friend who just traveled on Millenium said all the two-tops were inches from one another and in a high traffic (near kitchen or bus station) area. This would make me very unhappy. We've been on this ship before, but always traveled with friends so we had larger tables. I didn't notice the two-tops. Can someone tell me if there are any desirable tables for two and, if so, how to secure one? If not, I'm thinking of changing our table selection to a table for six or eight. Any info, suggestions would be appreciated.

Your information is correct. Last time we sailed Millennium the tables for two were indeed in reasonably high traffic and very close together. Go for the larger tables if they work for you - much better.

We only have tables for two because we tend not to conform ie arrive later and only have two courses then leave directly after. Sometimes we skip it completely without warning.To others sharing a table that might appear rude and we would not want to offend.

We have sailed the M-Class ships several times, including twice on Millie. We have requested and received a table for two each time. Perhaps they have changed the table layout, but we were never at a table where the 2-tops were very close together. Probably about half the sailings we were actually at a 4-top - but just the two of us. I find that being next to a very large table (more than six) can also be distracting, because those tables can sometimes get very loud. If you really want a table for 2, I would request it, and then check with the maitre d' (spelling?) when you board the ship. If you're unhappy with the position of the table, ask for a different assignment or perhaps a larger table. We always check with the maitre d' and have found that they really try to accommodate our requests.

We have sailed the M-Class ships several times, including twice on Millie. We have requested and received a table for two each time. Perhaps they have changed the table layout, but we were never at a table where the 2-tops were very close together. Probably about half the sailings we were actually at a 4-top - but just the two of us. I find that being next to a very large table (more than six) can also be distracting, because those tables can sometimes get very loud. If you really want a table for 2, I would request it, and then check with the maitre d' (spelling?) when you board the ship. If you're unhappy with the position of the table, ask for a different assignment or perhaps a larger table. We always check with the maitre d' and have found that they really try to accommodate our requests.

I would agree with this...we have always had a table for 2 and never felt like we were too close (except on the Solstice....THAT was too close). I'd go for it and check assignments once onboard.

On my last Millenium cruise, we requested traditional table for 2. Got table for 4. Real disaster. If you don't get along with the other couple, it can be bad. We hated the other couple....loud and obnoxious. Luckily, they didn't like us either and asked to switch. We then had a table for 2. We often find select dining is a better option for 2 who like a private table. It gives you complete flexibility to choose to dine alone or with a larger table. Skip the table for 4. Both times we got a table for 4, we hated it....and neither time did we request it. Speak up and let the maitr'd know that you are not happy. Be direct and if necessary be loud. celebrity does try to make you happy. Unhappy people seldom return.

The tables for two on the Millennium, and all of the M class ships for that matter, are great! I never felt crowded, nor are they placed that close together. (Some of the 2 tops on the S class are very close together)

I always request a table for two upstairs on the railing.

(Call 1 800 242 6374 -- ext 3 and make your request about a month before sailing)

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Typical examples of the tables for two as seen on Celebrity Millennium:

6514608493_db63f0f9e2_z.jpg

6514595631_e6a0e6c3a8_z.jpg

I believe these tables are on the upper level and are for Select dining (at least they were when we were on Millennium in Dec.).

If you look past the first couple on the railing, the others are long-ways on the railing....we loved those and always requested them.:) I'm referring to the first photo.

Thank you, everyone, for you helpful replies and pictures. I called today and had a request posted on our reservation for the railing tables described by kelmac. Of course, we'll also go to the dining room when we board to check on it and request a change if necessary.

Lucky you, to sail before solsticization. The balcony level will become Blu on one side, and remains Select dining the other after the process.

Can you post on this thread after your cruise as to what the situation is on deck 4 in regards to tables for two? Thanks.

Lucky you, to sail before solsticization. The balcony level will become Blu on one side, and remains Select dining the other after the process.

Can you post on this thread after your cruise as to what the situation is on deck 4 in regards to tables for two? Thanks.

Well, I would, but I don't know that the post will help since the ship is being redone the following week.

Archived