Majesty in Madeira

Hampsters, Dave? :confused:
Oh I have found it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by klfhngr viewpost.gif

Because of loss of revenue from West Coast Cruisers, RCI had to replace the engines with huge hamsters....... No more vibration, but you might get some scratching noises..

Yes but that means the ship will only cruise at night with the hamsters being so nocturnal!:confused:

How far will you get when the hamsters are dozing off all day!!

hibernatingham.gif

Thomson use mini versions complete with little clogs sourced from renewable forests. They breed them on the Canaries but as they only last a couple of days before you need a fresh batch they can only use them on that itinery.

Have you not noticed all those tasty savoury snacks? recycled Hampsters ;)

Thomson use mini versions complete with little clogs sourced from renewable forests. They breed them on the Canaries but as they only last a couple of days before you need a fresh batch they can only use them on that itinery.

Have you not noticed all those tasty savoury snacks? recycled Hampsters ;)

Oh I have found it :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by klfhngr viewpost.gif

Because of loss of revenue from West Coast Cruisers, RCI had to replace the engines with huge hamsters....... No more vibration, but you might get some scratching noises..

Yes but that means the ship will only cruise at night with the hamsters being so nocturnal!

How far will you get when the hamsters are dozing off all day!!

hibernatingham.gif

So confused...and thinking such clever people....(love the picture) so I googled "hamsters Canary Islands" to find out more ...and got a bit of a shock:eek::eek:

The Majesty is in Funchal today :)

http://www.madeira-web.com/camera/cam-04.html

Looks nice and sunny, not like here - no sun and bitter cold wind :(

Not a very good view of her. It will be better when the big German ship goes at 1600hrs!

Thanks for this link Linda. Wonderful view now.....all twinkly lights....I am there in my thoughts. Oops...watch out for those mini hamsters/hampsters:D:mad:

• 1 month later...
good webcam picture of majesty in madeira today :) looks nice and sunny :) not like here :(

http://www.madeira-web.com/camera/cam-04.html

hope all who have been affected by the floods are safe and warm this christmas. We have been so lucky here in oxford. Dreadful pictures on the news.

like. :)

I too feel so sorry for the people who have been flooded. We are fortunate that we are extremely unlikely to be flooded but we do get everything else....wind, snow, etc just no sun. :(

Fabulous photos Grez :) See the Majesty in the middle of it all :)

We shall be be there in just under 5 weeks :D Unfortunatly no fireworks for us :( but we are just thinking of booking a week in Madeira over next New Year due to the rubbish New Year celebration here in Oxford now - or more correctly lack of New Year celebrations :rolleyes:

And here's the fireworks :) Actually they start about 1 min 45 seconds into the video :rolleyes:

Just booked to go for a week over next New Year :)

Well done, Linda. What a fantastic place to be for New Year's Eve. :)

Archived