Golf Club Storage Fee On POA

Cigarfriendly

My wife, son and I are avid golfers and we were shocked to find that the Pride of America charged a $25 storage fee for each set of our clubs. That added an additional $75 to our bill -- with no advance warning.

I was on the August 8 sailing, and it was the first time in all my years of sailing that I had not been able to store my clubs in my cabin.

I'm just passing this along as a point of information.

CF

Agent,

The clubs never arrive at your cabin. Instead, they are taken from the porters and placed in a secure area on the third deck. A letter was sent to our cabin explaining that the clubs were being stored for us "because of safety reasons."

I've never heard of such a thing on any cruise ship. The cynical side of me says it's another way of generating revenue. NCL has a big cruise program on the Aloha, and the storage fees might be a part of the revenue model.

Buchie, thanks I would have loved to have saved the 75 bucks by stashing my clubs on your balcony! LOL

thats unbelievable that they would take your clubs away and you would have to pay for storage when NCLA is trying to promote their "golf hawaii" thing and even when they have the golf store there. thats unreal! thats just another reason not to cruise NCLA!

the clubs were being stored for us "because of safety reasons."
I will admit that I haven't followed all of the POA problems closely. That being said, your quote brought up an image of an old western movie where the towns people run by the general store and are handed a firearm.

Only in this case I envision a P.O.'d POA passenger wielding a nine iron :eek:

Possibly that was the safety concern. Avoid Mutiny.

Archived