Best place to get parking for Southampton

Easiest is secure parking in the port, close to your ship, through ABP or CPS depending on your cruise line. But it ain't cheap, rates are similar to major airports. Book in advance.

Cheaper is via Holiday Extras, their secure parking is the opposite side of Southampton Water and includes a shuttle minibus service.

Folk rate the shuttle worth the grief for a cruise of 14 days or more, but the ease of port parking worth the extra cost for a week's cruise.

There have been plenty of dodgy fly-by-night meet and greet operators.

Try the parkatmyhouse and parkinmydrive websites, but do check their house insurance which unless modified doesn't cover damage to cars parked for profit.

And check how you'd get to and from the ship.

A lot of Southampton hotels offer cruise-long parking with a one night stay. Holiday Inn (Herbert Walker Avenue), the Mercure Dolphin, Novotel and others. Usually with free transfers.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Hi Lesley

I can recommend Alternative Cruise Parking(ACP), they are situated in the Marchwood Area on the opposite side of the water fron the cruise terminals.

They have excellent secure parking at a very reasonable price, and their shuttle service is very efficient, the staff are very friendly.

Have a great cruise.

Take a look at Parking4cruises website they meet you in short stay car park at terminal and the car will be returned there for your return. The same as CPS with a short walk and a lot cheaper high can highly recommend them.

Edited by majortom10

Take a look at Parking4cruises website they meet you in short stay car park at terminal and the car will be returned there for your return. The same as CPS with a short walk and a lot cheaper high can highly recommend them.

In my post, I expressed wariness about meet-and-greet in Southampton, because there have been plenty of instances of street-parking, damage, even high mileages. Too many have been guilty, and their reputations don't follow them because they simply change their names.

But I've frequently seen good reports (and never any bad ones) about parking4cruises, on Cruise Critic and elsewhere.

If you go down the meet-and-greet route, I strongly suggest you only consider parking4cruises.

Edited by John Bull

As you're on the Indy, ring up your travel agent and ask if you can have free parking. We normally get it and it never hurts to ask! If you do, it will be with AB Parking.

Simon

Thanks for this, we booked direct over the phone with Royal carribean so would this still count?? Lesley

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this, we booked direct over the phone with Royal carribean so would this still count?? Lesley

Free port parking is often used as a bargaining chip to secure a booking.

Cruise lines often offer free parking or transfers or on-board credit or free upgrades as an incentive to book.

And experienced passengers will ask for free parking or other perks in order to close a deal.

I've not heard of such perks being offered after a cruise has been booked - that's far too charitable for cruise lines ;)

But if you don't ask ..........................

If you don't qualify for the free parking, the ABP parking website often offers 10% off, so may be worth checking. It's a good arrangement at the port and we have used it several times.

We have also used the park & cruise package at Holiday Inn, Eastleigh (which is a little further out but extremely handy for the journey down.) This includes, breakfast, parking and free taxi transfers to and from the port. The hotel is very pleasant with a good atmosphere.

Edited by Morgans

• 1 month later...

OMG just went on to ABP parking to look at the prices for next year parking. Asked for my booking reference no and date cruise booked and low and behold we are entitled to complementary parking! What should have been £111 is free.. Can't quite believe it feels wrong some how as nothing is ever free xx

OMG just went on to ABP parking to look at the prices for next year parking. Asked for my booking reference no and date cruise booked and low and behold we are entitled to complementary parking! What should have been £111 is free.. Can't quite believe it feels wrong some how as nothing is ever free xx

Result :cool:

But bear in mind that even though you don't have to pay, you do still have to book.

Edited by John Bull

• 2 months later...

Just received an email saying that we are now no longer eligible for the free parking. It's says royal carribean stated we booked the cruise on board the ship under a different deal which is not the case, we booked over the phone directly. Have sent them an email not a happy bunny :-(