Cost of Taxi

Does anyone know what it costs to travel by taxi from Heathrow Terminal 3 to Sofitel Hotel Terminal 5?

You can get a free transfer between T3 and T5 and the Sofitel is directly accessible from T5, so unless you're desperate for a taxi you can do it for free

You can get a free transfer between T3 and T5 and the Sofitel is directly accessible from T5, so unless you're desperate for a taxi you can do it for free

Agreed. :)

Heathrow Express or local bus routes for that transfer are free.

JB :)

The walk from luggage collection to the taxi rank is not much different from the walk to the train for T5. There are no porters standing around looking to help, but help can be arranged if you have trouble walking or handling your luggage.

As I said on your other thread, you should ask your airline what they can arrange at LHR. My wife uses a wheelchair and BA arranged a porter to push her through the terminals at both ends.

Hi Corvette,

National Express, Britain's bus system which goes almost everywhere, offers service from the terminal door to all the Heathrow hotels - 27 total for £4.50 one way. They operate from terminals 2, 3, 4 and 5 at Heathrow. I checked to see if Sofitel has a transfer shuttle to/from the hotel and terminals but they do not. They do have a direct bridge link from T5 to the hotel which I know does not help you coming into terminal 3.

Here is the link:

http://www.nationalexpress.com/airports/heathrow-hotel-hoppa.aspx

If you can manage getting to the door of terminal 3, get Hoppa rides to the Sofitel, then maybe this will work for you. There ought to be plenty of luggage trollies available for you to manage your baggage when you collect them from the carousel as they come off of the airplane to take them to where the Hoppa stop is right outside the door.

Tickets can be purchased online but there are National Express kiosks everywhere, the Hoppa runs 24 hours a day.

I'm *not* yet elderly, just sometimes pack too much, have traveled solo and have had trouble managing my luggage (or, I'm just petite and not that strong either, plus...one is tired after a long flight!!) but kind people tend to help if need be as do the wheels on the bags. Things work out. Asking questions is ALWAYS ok. :)

Have a great holiday!

Hotel Hoppa doesn't go from T2/3 to the Sofitel at T5, they advise you to use the free Heathrow Express train.

Hotel Hoppa doesn't go from T2/3 to the Sofitel at T5, they advise you to use the free Heathrow Express train.
In addition, there's a reason why the Hotel Hoppa would easily walk into the semi-finals of the competition for the world's most hated transfer service. Other than being expensive, poor value, infrequent, slow, unreliable, unpunctual and unfriendly, it's just perfect.

And it most definitely does not run 24 hours a day, as many people found out a couple of weeks back when we all had the misfortune to be standing in the Terminal 5 taxi queue at 1.30 am. Marketing people are very good at telling untruths. Here's the timetable; read it and weep: http://www.nationalexpress.com/Assets/uploads/pdf/timetables/HHoppa%20to%20hotels%20leaf_online_May16.pdf

Hi Corvette,

I checked to see if Sofitel has a transfer shuttle to/from the hotel and terminals but they do not.

NO hotel is allowed to operate a shuttle to/from Heathrow terminals. Most, but not all, of the hotels in the immediate vicinity are on one or other of the horrible Hoppa services - if they advertise a shuttle that's what they mean.

As others have made clear the Hoppa does not serve the Sofitel because it is on the airport.

As others have made clear the Hoppa does not serve the Sofitel because it is on the airport.
To be fair, that timetable does show that the H53 will take you from T4 to the Sofitel.

And, joy of joys, the H56 will take you from T5 to the Sofitel.

Thank you for all the corrections everyone and I apologize sincerely to Donna/Corvette for the misinformation...am in the midst of an inter-State move and misread the pulldown menu on the Hoppa site. Not an excuse, only an explanation. Am exhausted, but trying....maybe too hard.

Have used National Express previously, not Hoppa as I typically arrive into Terminal 5 at Heathrow but also otherwise can navigate large airports -JFK was my home airport forever. Large airports - love the challenge

Again, I am so very sorry for the error. I thank everyone for their kindness, really :) and wish Donna & hers a wonderful holiday. Cheers :)

Edited by Host Bonjour