Hotel for Solo- Fort Lauderdale

lyannea

I'm looking for a cheaper hotel pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale as a solo.

Any experiences as a solo in a 2 star not-so-shabby hotel ?

If there's no such animal, I'll bite the bullet and spring for a higher end place, though not my preference. I just wanted to be on a safe area, maybe walkable to a grocers.

Thanks !

Lyannea

There is a lot of information on the Florida board.

I often book through Last Minute Travel. If you become a club member (Free to join with code JOINTHELMTCLUB) and the hotel names are shown. Then before you book you can go to tripadvisor and read the reviews.

Hope this helps.

I often book through Last Minute Travel. If you become a club member (Free to join with code JOINTHELMTCLUB) and the hotel names are shown. Then before you book you can go to tripadvisor and read the reviews.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Maryann,

I've been combing these boards for the last few days and there's a lot of info on Fort Lauderdale hotels, especially in some reviews.

I'll ck out Last minute travel; I used them years ago for a land vacation(Cancun)

Lyannea

Hi,:) I agree, check the FLORIDA FORUM.

I have been sailing solo for many years and when you ask about a hotel

"for solos", that is not something I look for....17th Street is a good

location for anyone. Solo, families, couples,.......there are restaurants

and shops all over 17th Street for anyone:D

As for reasonable prices? That depends on when you are booking.

Time of year in South Florida makes a difference.

Have fun:D

Hi,:) I agree, check the FLORIDA FORUM.

I have been sailing solo for many years and when you ask about a hotel

"for solos", that is not something I look for....17th Street is a good

location for anyone. Solo, families, couples,.......there are restaurants

and shops all over 17th Street for anyone:D

As for reasonable prices? That depends on when you are booking.

Time of year in South Florida makes a difference.

Have fun:D

Lois,

Thanks for your input.

My wordeage was wrong regarding the 'hotel for solos' heading, I'll attempt to change it to 'inexpensive or cheaper hotel wanted for solo'

and yes, the area you mentitoned has many hotels at a higher price than I want to pay and I'm willing.to stay in another location, as long as that someplace is safe.

Again, thanks fort the shout out and happy sailing

Lyannea

I will be cruising out of FLL later this year for the first time. Need to dive head-first into the Florida departures forum, as there are hundreds and hundreds of pages on similar topics.

I will be cruising out of FLL later this year for the first time. Need to dive head-first into the Florida departures forum, as there are hundreds and hundreds of pages on similar topics.

thanks !

I did a search on 'inexpensive lodging FLL' and found a lot !

Thanks again

I'm looking for a cheaper hotel pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale as a solo.

Any experiences as a solo in a 2 star not-so-shabby hotel ?

If there's no such animal, I'll bite the bullet and spring for a higher end place, though not my preference. I just wanted to be on a safe area, maybe walkable to a grocers.

Thanks !

Lyannea

I stayed at Best Western Airport/Cruise port. Actually quite nice and there is a pub right across the street where you can get dinner. There is also a grocery store and dollar store right there. They have free shuttle from airport and I think $8 shuttle to the cruise port.

Edited by LisaAtlCruiser

Hope this helps.

Just to close the loop, I checked out expedia, priceline, hipmunk (my fav), last minute travel

trip advisor and cross referenced with CC threads and got the best deal with last minute travel.

It took longer to find and book a hotel than book the cruise itself.

I just bought travel insurance- that took 5 minutes and put in a reservation request for the steakhouse for the first night ( free bottle of wine- yes, life is good !)

Thanks everyone for your help!

Just to close the loop, I checked out expedia, priceline, hipmunk (my fav), last minute travel

trip advisor and cross referenced with CC threads and got the best deal with last minute travel.

It took longer to find and book a hotel than book the cruise itself.

I just bought travel insurance- that took 5 minutes and put in a reservation request for the steakhouse for the first night ( free bottle of wine- yes, life is good !)

Thanks everyone for your help!

I was able to book the Intercontinental Miami with LMT and also Doubletree Gallery One in Fort Lauderdale for really good prices.

Thanks for reminding me to book the steakhouse for the first night with the wine included:cool:

I'm at the Doubletree as well. I'll be checking in to transportation from airport and to port, as well as what's within walking distance from the hotel for last minute stuff. I'm coming in at 6pm and uncertain as to how late the stores stay open on Saturdays.

Yup, I could bring one bottle of wine onbooard and will be able to bring back (whatever I don't drink) from the Steakhouse to my room.

I'm at the Doubletree as well. I'll be checking in to transportation from airport and to port, as well as what's within walking distance from the hotel for last minute stuff. I'm coming in at 6pm and uncertain as to how late the stores stay open on Saturdays.

Yup, I could bring one bottle of wine onbooard and will be able to bring back (whatever I don't drink) from the Steakhouse to my room.

Hi, great hotel:)....it is located on the water and The Galleria

Mall is attached from the otherside:D..there are a ton of restaurants

to choose from as well.

Take a cab from the airport to the hotel.

• 3 weeks later...