No more price drops for RC?

I'm in the process of booking a cruise in 2/11 for tomorrow's WOW sale and shopping around with different TA's and I found a TA I like and I think I'm going with and I asked the question if they monitor the prices or would I have to and she said RC doesn't allow anyone to get money back if the price drops. Does this sound right or is this fishy advice from a TA who is trying to make a few extra bucks on me?

Thanks in advance...

I'm in the process of booking a cruise in 2/11 for tomorrow's WOW sale and shopping around with different TA's and I found a TA I like and I think I'm going with and I asked the question if they monitor the prices or would I have to and she said RC doesn't allow anyone to get money back if the price drops. Does this sound right or is this fishy advice from a TA who is trying to make a few extra bucks on me?

Thanks in advance...

up to 48 hours from booking. After that no more price drops.

Choose a different TA.... she is either 1. trying to keep her % up OR 2. Doesn't know the RC product very well which makes me question about what she knows about the cruise industry at all. A TA that books RC should know about price drop refunding.

up to 48 hours from booking. After that no more price drops.

Since when?!?!?!?! While RCI had changed their policy last year (that if there were price drops AFTER final payment you would get OBC vs credit back to credit card) I have not heard of them changing it to what you state above. Where did you get this from??????

Thanks in advance...

Lying TA. :)

Since when?!?!?!?! While RCI had changed their policy last year (that if there were price drops AFTER final payment you would get OBC vs credit back to credit card) I have not heard of them changing it to what you state above. Where did you get this from??????

New info from C&A Diamond Plus desk and their website. Don't shoot the messenger. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=best_price_guarantee&cid=RCConsumerWebLP-091609BestPriceGuarantee

I think this is new...

Introducing the Royal Caribbean Best Price.

•You will have 48 hours after you reserve to find a lower price. If you do, you will receive 110% of the difference applied to your reservation as an onboard credit. This lowest rate must be a rate publicly advertised by Royal Caribbean International. Program terms and conditions apply.

New info from C&A Diamond Plus desk and their website. Don't shoot the messenger. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=best_price_guarantee&cid=RCConsumerWebLP-091609BestPriceGuarantee

I believe that you are misconstruing the "Best Price Guarantee" program.

I think that this is a BONUS (110% of the price difference) if you find a lower price within 48 hours of booking.

I don't think that it replaces the general promise to honor price drops.

Choose a different TA.... she is either 1. trying to keep her % up OR 2. Doesn't know the RC product very well which makes me question about what she knows about the cruise industry at all. A TA that books RC should know about price drop refunding.

Lying TA. :)

I was on royal caribbean website and it seems it is true. If you got there and look under customer support and then frequently asked questions, go under the heading reserving and click on Best Price Guarantee. Read about what it is and the answer is there. You have 48hrs to find a lower price and that is it. I do not see why they wouldn't give you price drops later on, but it seems as though this is what they are doing. I dont know how they plan on having someone cancel a cruise if they are in their full refund period and then just rebooking. If what they have on their site is the new rules, they need to take a step back and reconsider, because this will not sit well with many people.

See below form Brian J on another thread

"I just talked to Diamond Plus department and they confermed what I thought, no longer will you be able to call in and get a price reduction on a cruise like we have in the past. Once you create a reservation, you have 48hours to find a lower price and after that you will be locked into the price. If you are before final payment I guess you will be able to cancell your cruise I guess and rebook at a later date perhaps. If it is after final payment you will not be able to take advantage of any price drops on your cruise.

This policy won't help there future booking, this is one again taking something away from us I am sure it will not be well recieved.

Brian J"

I think that this is a BONUS (110% of the price difference) if you find a lower price within 48 hours of booking.

I just got off the phone with C&A. NO MORE PRICE ADJUSTMENTS AFTER 48 HOURS FROM BOOKING!

I posted pretty much the same answer. Looks like two different things.

Edit...Well after reading some more posts....I guess not.

If that is the case I have 2 that I was hoping to see a price drop on that I will be cancelling.

The price will be adjusted up to 48 hours after booking. An additional 10% of the price change will be given. After 48 hours... NO MORE PRICE ADJUSTMENTS! Call them yourselves.

If that is the case I have 2 that I was hoping to see a price drop on that I will be cancelling.

You edited before I finished posting. No fair.

We are going on LOS in January. I have not paid in full, and seen two price drops. Both times I called TA, and they rebooked at lower rate. Not sure if WOW sale if different.

They are saying they will no longer do price drops after 48 hours from booking. If before final payment, then canceling and rebooking would seem to still be an option. Inside final payment would have a penalty for canceling.

OK, I'm blond and not the smartest student in the class at times.:o

But with this new Price Guarantee Program does that mean that they are eliminating senior/residency/military/police& fire discounts? It is still listed on their website as being available.

Please tell me that isn't so.:(

Thanks in advance...

Looks like I got lucky. I got a $212 credit last week for my Dec. cruise and it was just taken off my balance owed. This must have just happened inn the last few days.

Traci

OK, I'm blond and not the smartest student in the class at times.:o

But with this new Price Guarantee Program does that mean that they are eliminating senior/residency/military/police& fire discounts? It is still listed on their website as being available.

Please tell me that isn't so.:(

It didn't sound like they were eliminating the discounts. But if they add the discount after 48 hours from when you booked, they won't adjust the price.

Archived