Steelers Cruise - March 2014

Just heard on the news tonight about a chartered Pgh Steelers cruise. March 10-15, 2014 on the Brilliance out of Tampa.

Of course it's not on the RC website - you have to book through a private website. It's priced high, but these specialty cruises usually are higher due to the personalities and entertainment onboard.

We are big Steeler fans and would find sailing with some of those listed, including singers, would be so much fun!

Just heard on the news tonight about a chartered Pgh Steelers cruise. March 10-15, 2014 on the Brilliance out of Tampa.

Of course it's not on the RC website - you have to book through a private website. It's priced high, but these specialty cruises usually are higher due to the personalities and entertainment onboard.

We are big Steeler fans and would find sailing with some of those listed, including singers, would be so much fun!

We're Steelers fans too, and live within walking distance of training camp in Latrobe, but this cruise looked a little too expensive for 5 nights with a not too exciting itinerary. I'll stick to our already scheduled December cruise on Explorer, and walking to training camp in August.

No way! Huge Steelers fan. Grew up in New Castle, PA. Transplanted to Kansas City, but Steeler Nation is everywhere. Where do I found out the details on this cruise?

We're Steelers fans too, and live within walking distance of training camp in Latrobe, but this cruise looked a little too expensive for 5 nights with a not too exciting itinerary. I'll stick to our already scheduled December cruise on Explorer, and walking to training camp in August.

That's really cool you're so close to training camp and get to go see them.

We've had a few Ben sightings since he married a girl from New Castle...

I see you used to live in Haymarket - we were just there this past weekend!

Would agree if it were the Redskins! :) My Dad though grew up outside of Pittsburgh in Grove City and Avenmore(sp?) and was a Steelers fan, then moved to DC and was a Redskins fan also.

I have also thought of a jazz themed cruise, but never been on a themed cruise. My brother has done a few Poker themed cruises and he loves the interaction with some of the 'Pros', so.....I am sure you would enjoy and get $VALUE out of interacting with other Steelers fans and former players/coaches/etc.

I am pretty shocked. That's spring break for most SEC schools and the rates are usually sky high that week. Our son and a bunch of his friends went on Jewel doing that itinerary last year and the prices were absurd.

I saw it on the news as well. I am a huge Steeler's fan but I looked at the website and the cabin prices were really high. Although it'd be a cool trip to be on I'd likely pass because of the unexciting itinerary and high price tag.

I bet the entertainment would be different and funny. The website says they even have Pittsburgh dad from youtube. I would probably love this cruise. My wife....not so much! lol

Guys,

Slightly off topic but I will get a look at your team in action when I attend my first NFL game at Wembley London in September.

My wife and I both turn 50 this year and decided we would book a trip to London with each of us choosing a day's activities.

She chose some Musical the night before. :rolleyes:

and I

NFL Steelers v Vikings.

No prizes for guessing which will be the more exciting day?

Guys,

Slightly off topic but I will get a look at your team in action when I attend my first NFL game at Wembley London in September.

My wife and I both turn 50 this year and decided we would book a trip to London with each of us choosing a day's activities.

and I

NFL Steelers v Vikings.

For SURE, I am with YOU... :p

We are from the Pittsburgh and used to have Steeler tickets.

We heard about it on KDKA last evening.

DH was very much interested in going on that cruise until he found out that it was only a 5 day cruise.

Since we have no direct flights to Tampa (or anywhere else) it is not worth the hassle of flying for just 5 days.

Hope that all of you who go on the cruise have a great time.

I found that the prices of these special cruises tend to be high too. We were interested in a Beatles themed cruise a while back, and the prices were about $300pp higher than what Royal was advertising for the same cruise. The travel agent also had a policy of no deposit refunds at all, and the deposit was higher than Royal charged. We passed.

The payment schedule for this one looks a little tight.. $500 per person when you book, $500 mid-July and Payment in full due September 30,2013 (more than 6 months before the ship leaves port)... I guess if it is something we want to do, it isn't so horrible, but we will have to dig a little deeper before we make a final decision. Might be fun, but I want to read the fine print before I sign on the dotted line.

The payment schedule for this one looks a little tight.. $500 per person when you book, $500 mid-July and Payment in full due September 30,2013 (more than 6 months before the ship leaves port)... I guess if it is something we want to do, it isn't so horrible, but we will have to dig a little deeper before we make a final decision. Might be fun, but I want to read the fine print before I sign on the dotted line.

Double check the cancel policy. You may find that nothing is refundable.

Double check the cancel policy. You may find that nothing is refundable.

Looks like the payments are non-refundable as they are paid on the schedule... UNLESS you purchase the $266 Classic PLUS insurance plan (cost for 2 people) which includes a 75% cancel for any reason waiver... so if you purchase the most expensive insurance plan, you can get at least some of your money back if you have to cancel. Ahhhhh... the fine print...

_________

Edited to add.... I misspoke... I just found more information - so to clarify, the cancellation and refund policy for this cruise (it isn't as bad as I thought):

If you cancel by July 17, 2013 you are eligible to receive a 75% refund.

If you cancel by September 30, 2013 you are eligible to receive a 50% refund.

If you cancel by December 31, you are eligible to receive a 25% refund.

After January 1, 2014 there are no refunds available. Please refer to your travel insurance provider. (I guess this is where that expensive insurance comes into play...)

Edited by SnappyNappi

I had seen this too. DH is a huge fan, but even he said it wasn't worth the money ... looked at pricing for what we normally would book and went down, way down from there, lol. $4000 for 4 in the cheapest inside - to the Bahamas! No thanks.

What took you to Haymarket? We lived there for over 30 years and one of our sons still lives there. We go back alot. It used to be a quiet little town, but not anymore.

Carole

I agree the pricing is crazy high for the cruise itself. It's the same when other groups charter a cruise, such as K-Love (Christian artists), Bud Light Cruise, etc.

I guess it's like those who are willing to pay for a suite when others only want an inside - we're all on the same ship.

Good thing this world has a lot of different interests and choices... ;)

Yes! I proudly bragged about Ben's wife being from New Castle. My wife wasn't impressed (Chiefs fan :p)

Guys,

and I

NFL Steelers v Vikings.

That's awesome!

Hunting for it immediately! I can proudly say I've been on the wait-list for Steeler Season tickets for over 13 years so far. Heard Ben shopped at our local WalMart, but I've never seen him. I did get to talk to Mean Joe Greene once when he was house hunting, Jerome Bettis lived nearby, and I've seen Franco Harris around town many times...if you're from Pittsburgh, you've got Steeler stories!

Edited by Truluv

Another member of the Steelers Nation, from San Juan, Puerto Rico. My husband goes to Pittsburgh every year to watch a game with more Steelers fans from San Juan. I'm never going to forget the day he met Franco Harris at the hospital where he did his residency (AGH), or the first time an attending gave him tickets to go to a Monday Night Football in Three Rivers Stadium.

BTW, we take our Terrible Towel with us when we cruise and take pictures for our "Traveling Terrible Towel" album. Our terrible towel is going to Moscow and the Baltic next month!!