?? for experienced suite cruisers

djmess

OK, I cruise a lot. Have my first suite booked for Jan 17 on the Getaway.

I also usually book through my wonderful PCC, but booked with a TA for this cruise. Got lots of additional OBC.

Well, I booked forever ago, got $450 OBC from NCL, got an additional $400 from my TA. I know the TA OBC never shows up in online Vacation Summary. I don't have a problem with that at all and in the couple times I've used this TA, I've always gotten all my OBC.

Now my question has more to do with what I'm seeing on my Vacation summary. In the blue reservation at a glance section it shows the $450. Normal, I know.

But then when I expand the Itinerary and Planned Activities section, It shows Amenity Details: OB150 and OB75. These numbers don't add up to anything I know. Just curious if anyone has an idea what they may be?

Thanks Guys!

I also usually book through my wonderful PCC, but booked with a TA for this cruise. Got lots of additional OBC.

Well, I booked forever ago, got $450 OBC from NCL, got an additional $400 from my TA. I know the TA OBC never shows up in online Vacation Summary. I don't have a problem with that at all and in the couple times I've used this TA, I've always gotten all my OBC.

Now my question has more to do with what I'm seeing on my Vacation summary. In the blue reservation at a glance section it shows the $450. Normal, I know.

But then when I expand the Itinerary and Planned Activities section, It shows Amenity Details: OB150 and OB75. These numbers don't add up to anything I know. Just curious if anyone has an idea what they may be?

Thanks Guys!

It adds up to $450 for the cabin as it is per person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

It adds up to $450 for the cabin as it is per person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

There are 5 in our cabin, so it doesn't add up. But it would for 4 in a cabin. Maybe the 5th person just doesn't get the OBC.

It doesn't matter, it's all family and the money is all in one pot

There are 5 in our cabin, so it doesn't add up. But it would for 4 in a cabin. Maybe the 5th person just doesn't get the OBC.

OBC is by default divided between first and second passenger in the cabin: 150+150+75+75 = 450.

Edited by Demonyte

150 x 2 = 300

75 x 2 = 150

--------

Total 450

The travel agent obc may list closer to sail date or not at all.

Edited by JohnIreland

Thanks, it makes sense.

I'm an inside cabin cruiser as a general rule. This is a major splurge for us, so I'm not used to seeing the large amounts of OBC. Thought maybe it had something to do with a suite and the way it was divided

The NCL credit will always show up applied only to the first and second guest. As for the TA obc just ask him or her to send you a copy of the amenity confirmation showing that they bought it. It won't show up on line for you as it comes like a gift on a card in your stateroom but they can send you the confirmation so that is someone "loses" it you can bring that down to the purser

Thanks, it makes sense.

I'm an inside cabin cruiser as a general rule. This is a major splurge for us, so I'm not used to seeing the large amounts of OBC. Thought maybe it had something to do with a suite and the way it was divided

Hi Debbie, I just wanted to comment on you being breast cancer free, what wonderful news.. God bless you and what a great reason to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Have a wonderful cruise...

fyi - the answers (and question) have nothing to do with a suite at all. It applies to any category room.

Color me confused?

Sorry, I thought maybe it had to do with it being a suite. My confusion. I always read on here about the suite cruisers and the large amounts of OBC, so that was why I put the question that way. Again sorry for the confusion

You would be hard presses to get a 450.00 onboard credit for anything other than a suite, so I would assume also it has to do with a suite. All 3 times we had suites it was booked way ahead and we got 450.00 other cabins would be more like 40.00 and up

The 450.00 from ncl can't be used for daily gratuity, pre booked excursions and specialty resturants (prebooked)

Thanks Guys!

Slightly off topic... How did your PCC take it when you told them that you were going with a TA instead of them? I have always used my PCC as I have never found a good enough savings or obc to make it worthwhile other than my first cruise. She is really great and I would feel kind of bad not booking through her but there is a savings (or OBC) I can't remember which for a possible cruise I'd like to book. It's significant enough but as I said I would feel disloyal and wouldn't want to offend her.:(

Hi Debbie, I just wanted to comment on you being breast cancer free, what wonderful news.. God bless you and what a great reason to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Have a wonderful cruise...

Thank You!!! It's been a battle and I'm the victor!

Thanks Guys!

I wonder how your TA can afford to give you $400 OBC extra. Maybe it is because there are five of you in the cabin. The most we ever got extra from a TA is $150 for a suite.

Slightly off topic... How did your PCC take it when you told them that you were going with a TA instead of them? I have always used my PCC as I have never found a good enough savings or obc to make it worthwhile other than my first cruise. She is really great and I would feel kind of bad not booking through her but there is a savings (or OBC) I can't remember which for a possible cruise I'd like to book. It's significant enough but as I said I would feel disloyal and wouldn't want to offend her.:(

I've had the same PCC for a number of years. We are even FB friends. When I book my insides, no TA can give me a good enough deal to use them, so I still use my PCC. She's very understanding though when it comes to a higher category room and the OBC incentives that the TA offers.

Way to many acronyms in my answer. :D

I plan to use my OBC for the daily gratuity. It is mine to use as I see fit.

While this is an obivious troll post since based on your old posts you are already clearly aware of this, you can use your OBC as you see fit within the rules and conditions attached to that OBC.