What to do in Bonaire?

gmhlref22

We are travelling to Bonaire on our next cruise. We will be hopefully snorkeling in Grand Turk.

1. Is there anything else to do on this island besides diving?

2. The ladies I will be travelling with love to shop. What is Bonaire known for shopping wise?

3. Is there a nice quiet beach with a restaurant/bar that you can recommend, bearing in mind we are travelling with 2 kids (12-10)?

All replies are greatly appreciated!!!

Just back from Bonaire and we LOVED our Twizzy Tour of the island with Hans. Nowhere else in the Caribbean can you drive a Twizzy! It's a electric, two-seater car. Goes up to 60 mph and are so fun to drive! Found the tour on Trip Advisor with high ratings.

We had a great tour of the island, then a stop at Eden Beach Club for some great snorkeling/swimming, lunch, and relaxation. Hans was very informative about the island, but is from Germany, so his English is not perfect, but he's very understandable.

And for $55 per person, you really get your money worth. I had a group of 10 people, and all 10 loved this excursion.

http://roadrunner-bonaire.com/

Check out his website. I highly suggest it.

Edited by Reenwad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pardon my ignorance, but, never having been to Bonaire before, I need to ask this question: if you are in a two-seater (fore and aft, not side-by-side) how do you know what you're touring around? Is there a radio system to connect the entire car to the guide? Or does the guide simply stop at the perceived interest points and then explain why he stopped?

10835023_382051055302988_5075852435554317320_o.jpg

from the website listed above:

The rear seat can accommodate an average adult or a child with child seat.

do the 2 adults site side-by-side in the front or is it one in front & one in back

just wondering if I'd comfortably fit in the back seat having some back issues, but I do see from above picture that all body types are pictured:confused: