I would love something clarified!

Caroldoll

I understand from another thread that

1. If you book a cruise that includes O-Life you pay the extra which includes tours whether you want them or not?

2. Only some cruises include O-Life. The others you do not have to have ships tours???

I will wait for the answer clearly before I get completely upset! LOL

How I understand it

1) if you book a cruise that has the O Life package you pay the going rate but can have X number of excursions plus the PPG & Internet

If you have a cruise booked already that now has the O Life package added you can opt to pay the extra & get the extra perks or just stick with what you have for the price you paid

2) correct

Edited by LHT28

How I understand it

1) if you book a cruise that has the O Life package you pay the going rate but can have X number of excursions plus the PPG & Internet

If you have a cruise booked already that now has the O Life package added you can opt to pay the extra & get the extra perks or just stick with what you have for the price you paid

2) correct

This is correct. I added O life to a cruise I already had booked prior and my SA cruise does not have O life so I left as is.

Unless, of course, you are British. In which case, (where the OLife package applies) you get PPG, free internet and free drinks package...

I suspect a lot of Americans would prefer that option :D

portofinoitaly- I just had my TA add the Olife to my cruise because it worked for me. She has not sent me the information yet that it's been completed but when it's done, how will I know when I can add the excursions? Does my booking on the website reflect the change? Thanks for any information.

Virginia

Thanks for the clarifications. I do have a cruise booked, but O Life is not included. We NEVER do ships tours, but this cruise is the South Pacific and I did book lots of ships tours. So I don't get that benefit when I need it.

Since we DO NOT like ships tours, I can only assume that we will no longer be cruising Oceania as we do not want to pay for tours that we will not use.

It has become increasingly clear to us that Oceania's main thrust is food. We enjoy good food, but we don't live to eat. Oceania does not have any entertainment and although we seldom go to any, we like to have the option.

Sad...but things change and people change, and a person needs to learn to roll with the times! Onward..there are a lot of new ships coming out soon..we will be on the hunt!

Thanks all.

Carol I am confused

You do not like ship's tour but you booked them???

You do not have the O LIfe program on your cruise but you are upset about it

You are not paying extra (Yet)

From the looks of it so far not all sailings have the O Life program I suspect as others have noted it is a test

Oceania has entertainment it may not be to your liking but it is there

The show lounge is usually packed so I guess some must enjoy them

Last cruise we had a great performer Lavina Fox I do hope she will be back on the ships

I am always stunned that the people that complain about the entertainment never go but complain how bad it is :confused:

portofinoitaly- I just had my TA add the Olife to my cruise because it worked for me. She has not sent me the information yet that it's been completed but when it's done, how will I know when I can add the excursions? Does my booking on the website reflect the change? Thanks for any information.

Virginia

Once it is done you can log into your Oceania account and your prior cruise should show up or you must add it. Then go into shore excursions and you can start selecting what you want and "voila" it will be done and you will not have a balance due. Please note: the really expensive ones are not able to book with OLife.

...Oceania does not have any entertainment...

I hope you will make this clear that it's an opinion, not a statement of fact. I can imagine a newcomer to Oceania reading this and saying, "Wow! No entertainment?"

Then, if they did decide to try Oceania anyway, imagine their surprise once they actually board and see people heading for the theater. I can imagine them saying, "Where are all those people going? There's no entertainment..."

I am sorry I was not clear.

1. We do have a cruise booked which I will take. We ARE using ships tours on this cruise because it is in the South Pacific and it is my opinion that Oceania will get the best tour guides on these little islands where there are not a plethora of guides. I am absolutely sure I am right about this. I feel that in this case it is the right thing to do, to use the ships tours.

2. This cruise does not have O Life and I sincerely wish it did...in this case.

3. We always like private tours under the conditions where it is a port where there are many guides. We do not want included tours because of our aversion to large groups.

4. Sorry, I was not clear again. We have gone to shows. I am so disappointed that I have not had such good entertainment as some of you have had, that is the luck of the draw. Generally speaking on all of my cruises, close to 9 on Oceania, the entertainment has been lackluster at best.

5. Any newbies should try Oceania. The food is outstanding and the rooms on Marina and Riviera are really great. Lots of people enjoy cruises for the food, we simply are not those people.

Here again, people are showering me with negative comments when this is my experience and my opinion. I do not feel that there is any perfect cruise line. Each one offers something the other does not. We have been on almost all of them and have over 50 cruises to date.

Newbies..give it a try.

Carol,

I left Regent for included tours. But in the case of O Life they are limited so you can select which locales to take the included tours and which to do private guides. As for the Marina cruise we took in May - many of the tours were sold out by the time I went to book (last minute booking for us) or those small places - O had tied up all the guides.

Now if they included beverages with that OLife package for USA guests, that would be a benefit - maybe

I am sorry I was not clear.

1. We do have a cruise booked which I will take. We ARE using ships tours on this cruise because it is in the South Pacific and it is my opinion that Oceania will get the best tour guides on these little islands where there are not a plethora of guides. I am absolutely sure I am right about this. I feel that in this case it is the right thing to do, to use the ships tours.

Actually if you are on Auckland to Papeete you might be right about some of the Islands, but in Bora Bora or Moorea there are some very good independent guides and excursions you can take that the ship will not have locked up. Unfortunately at this point other cruisers on the same cruise will probably have them booked.

On Bora Bora Patrick's tours come to mind. They are known as one of the better operators there. Some other cruisers with more experience there might be able to guide you toward some others.

Portofinoitaly- thank you. It's been my screen name for about 20 years when I was doing lots of water skiing. We love the water but now we cruise and are selling our houseboat on a lake. Too much work for us these days.

Yes, Orv, it is that cruise. We have been to French Polynesia before..this will be X5 and so we will not need tours. I know Patrick is good. I did book those Motu things for each day as we love those. I am sure they have everything worthwhile tied up for Samoa, etc.

Kathy..thanks for being there. I am another who would have traded the tours for the drink package. We love at least two martini's a day and we take the package for convenience.

It is on Oceania to market their product where they get their best returns. I had become a little put off at the fact that the length of lots of the cruises has gradually gone down to way fewer days. This and the O Life has caused me to rethink the future.