Another tight connection

Adventurous Grandmom

Personally I would not do this. But I don't like stress.

It works if your flight is on time. But if it is delayed anything goes.

So...please let me ask....what WOULD you recommend for a domestic to international connection at HNL?? I mean, other than "I wouldn't do an 80 minute connection".

So...please let me ask....what WOULD you recommend for a domestic to international connection at HNL?? I mean, other than "I wouldn't do an 80 minute connection".

If it was me I would look for another option that bypasses Honolulu and if I couldn't then I would fly into Honolulu one day and then the next day take the flight to Auckland.

Keith

If it was me I would look for another option that bypasses Honolulu and if I couldn't then I would fly into Honolulu one day and then the next day take the flight to Auckland.

Keith

Given that Honolulu has just had two sets of power cuts on two successive days (a generator failure) which affected the traffic lights, getting from and to the airport might not actually be the 'safest' option.

OTOH, I'd build a day or two in Honolulu into an itinerary if I had the time just for fun!

Keith

DFW-SYD-AKL is one option, though involves a bit of rough backtracking. I did that routing back in May and it wasn't all that fun, even in J class.

In December (I believe), IAH-AKL starts on Air NZ, so DFW-IAH-AKL is an option.

Given that Honolulu has just had two sets of power cuts on two successive days (a generator failure) which affected the traffic lights, getting from and to the airport might not actually be the 'safest' option.

OTOH, I'd build a day or two in Honolulu into an itinerary if I had the time just for fun!

Power Outage, have you seen what happen at LGA this morning?

It can happen at any airport.

LGA shut down Terminal C (Delta) no power for TSA, jet bridges have generators on them but Parking lots 4 & 5 could not process payments. Worse no one could make coffee!!! Was a contracted construction worker cut the power.

Can happen anywhere...