Royal Caribbean - Samba's Grille - Mini Cheese Rolls - Recipe ???

Trainman-2

I tried to get you the recipe from RCCL but they wrote back that they do not give recipes anymore. But, I went onto the internet and searched and came up with this whch sounds fantastic and looks similar to the picture you posted.

Quick Brazilian Cheese Rolls {Pao de Queijo} – Gluten Free!

Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 large egg

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup canola oil

1 cup tapioca flour (sometimes labeled tapioca starch) no substitutions

1/2 tsp kosher salt

1/4 C grated cheddar cheese* (preferably medium or sharp)

1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese

*you can play around with the cheese. I’ve used Monterey Jack, low-moisture mozarella, swiss, and even gruyere in place of the cheddar. All great!

Optional: extra cheese to sprinkle on top and any herbs/flavorings you’d like to add. Try rosemary and or garlic powder, my favorites!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place egg, milk, oil, tapioca flour, and salt in blender and blend until smooth. Add cheeses and pulse 2 times. Immediately pour batter into a mini muffin tin (if your muffin tin isn’t non-stick, spray lightly with non-stick spray first), filling each well about 3/4 full, or just slightly less. If desired (and I recommend), sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top and/or a tiny sprinkle of kosher salt.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing rolls from pan. Serve warm. {Que Gostoso!} These actually don’t re-heat well so I recommend making and eating fresh.

Yield: anywhere from 16-24 rolls, depending on how full you fill your muffin pan. I fill mine pretty full (a good 3/4 full) and I generally get about 16-18.

Hope this works for you. Tasty eating to you.

Well, I tried to get the recipe from RCCL for you but they replied that they no longer give out the recipes from the ships. So, I did a search and found this which is probably what you are talking about. Hope they taste the same as those in Samba's Grille!

Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 large egg

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup canola oil

1/2 tsp kosher salt

*you can play around with the cheese. I’ve used Monterey Jack, low-moisture mozarella, swiss, and even gruyere in place of the cheddar. All great!

Optional: extra cheese to sprinkle on top and any herbs/flavorings you’d like to add. Try rosemary and or garlic powder, my favorites!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place egg, milk, oil, tapioca flour, and salt in blender and blend until smooth. Add cheeses and pulse 2 times. Immediately pour batter into a mini muffin tin (if your muffin tin isn’t non-stick, spray lightly with non-stick spray first), filling each well about 3/4 full, or just slightly less. If desired (and I recommend), sprinkle a bit of parmesan cheese on top and/or a tiny sprinkle of kosher salt.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before removing rolls from pan. Serve warm. {Que Gostoso!} These actually don’t re-heat well so I recommend making and eating fresh.

Yield: anywhere from 16-24 rolls, depending on how full you fill your muffin pan. I fill mine pretty full (a good 3/4 full) and I generally get about 16-18.

Bobi

• 1 month later...
Well, I tried to get the recipe from RCCL for you but they replied that they no longer give out the recipes from the ships. So, I did a search and found this which is probably what you are talking about. Hope they taste the same as those in Samba's Grille!

Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 large egg

1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup canola oil

1/2 tsp kosher salt

Bobi

Thank you for sharing this recipe. I love cheese bread and have them in Brazilian restaurants. I think you can buy mixes too but I'd rather make it by scratch using your recipe. Host Corkey

• 3 months later...
Thank you so much Bobi!

My wife is a fantastic baker and I will ask her to bake us some the next time she bakes stuff. Here is a photo of what she baked a few days ago.

DSCN0609_zps8aeffb62.jpg

Yummy!!! Very beautiful! 😊