Warnemunde to Berlin (BER) airport options & min. time required

Getting off Emerald Princess on a Sat (8/11) morning. Ship docks at 7:00 am and Princess evidently will allow us to roll our own baggage off early. Princess says to book flights after 2:00pm from BER.

The flight I would like to take is at 12:50 pm. Is this too risky?

What are options to get to BER in time to catch 12:50 flight? Train, bus, private car? Approx Cost?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Getting off Emerald Princess on a Sat (8/11) morning. Ship docks at 7:00 am and Princess evidently will allow us to roll our own baggage off early. Princess says to book flights after 2:00pm from BER.

The flight I would like to take is at 12:50 pm. Is this too risky?

What are options to get to BER in time to catch 12:50 flight? Train, bus, private car? Approx Cost?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Hi,

The advice given by Princess to book a flight after 2pm is very sound although I would have suggested even later due to the need to be at the airport so very much before flight time for the USA. 12.50 would be impossible.

By train - given your arrival time the earliest train, the ICE direct from Warnemunde, departs at 9.01am arriving Berlin Hbf at 11.48am. The transfer time using train, bus or taxi to BER is approximately 30mins so you could not reasonably expect to arrive at check-in before 1pm. at the earliest.

By car - Berlin is 230klms south of Rostock on the autobahn. That is to the city limits so you have to factor in delays and city traffic. Earliest possible arrival at check-in, assuming your ship docks on time and there are no traffic delays, would be approx. 11am.

There is no bus service.

The single fare, Warnemunde to Berlin, on the ICE is 53euros per person. I'm sorry but I have no idea of car prices.

Hope this helps, happy cruising :)

Anni

www.travelanni.webs.com

Archived