No Carnival stops in Mazatlan thru Jan. 2015

cruizinator

Just read an article today on Mazatlan Messenger.com... that says Carnival will not make any stops in Mazatlan thru Jan. 2015. I've read this online mag for a few years and it hasn't been wrong yet when reporting cruising news. We'll have to see if they're still accurate in their reporting.

Just read an article today on Mazatlan Messenger.com... that says Carnival will not make any stops in Mazatlan thru Jan. 2015. I've read this online mag for a few years and it hasn't been wrong yet when reporting cruising news. We'll have to see if they're still accurate in their reporting.

That being the case, why would anybody book the 7 day Riveria to Cabo and PV, when they can book the 6 day for cheaper and still see Cabo and P.V. The only difference being u are 2 days in Cabo. (which doesn't appeal to me because for 2 days, u have to take the tender in):confused:

That being the case, why would anybody book the 7 day Riveria to Cabo and PV, when they can book the 6 day for cheaper and still see Cabo and P.V. The only difference being u are 2 days in Cabo. (which doesn't appeal to me because for 2 days, u have to take the tender in):confused:

What 6 day?:confused: The Splendor is currently doing a 7 day from Long Beach, to be replaced by the Miracle in 2013. No other Carnival ships are doing the Mexican Riviera.

The Gringo Gazette, the English newspaper in Cabo reported that Carnival has pledged money to build a dock in Magdalena Bay which would be similiar to Costa Maya. The second Cabo day would probably be replaced by that and Mazatlan may still end up being the looser. What a shame.

What 6 day?:confused: The Splendor is currently doing a 7 day from Long Beach, to be replaced by the Miracle in 2013. No other Carnival ships are doing the Mexican Riviera.

The Gringo Gazette, the English newspaper in Cabo reported that Carnival has pledged money to build a dock in Magdalena Bay which would be similiar to Costa Maya. The second Cabo day would probably be replaced by that and Mazatlan may still end up being the looser. What a shame.

We are doing the 15 day Hawaii cruise leaving from LA on the Miracle, Jan.l8/2014. THey have a 6 day before the cruise and a 7 day after the cruise. (if u wanted to do a back to back) :)

We are doing the 15 day Hawaii cruise leaving from LA on the Miracle, Jan.l8/2014. THey have a 6 day before the cruise and a 7 day after the cruise. (if u wanted to do a back to back) :)

Ah, thanks for the info.

I'm not surprised at all. I typically cruise Princess and wouldn't be surprised it the same thing happens with the. With all that seems to be going on in the Mexican state of Sinaloa I think it will be a very long time. Not only would things have to settle down there and Sinaloa be taked off the US travel advisory warning list but then there would need to be some time for people to assimilate that information and feel good about traveling back to this region.

I have read on another post that either HAL or NCL (can't remember which one) might decide to go back in 2013. I do wonder what it will take for them to fill those ships and I do wonder how many may get off in Mazatlan.

I have cruised to the Mexican Riviera 8 times and had 8 really good experiences in Mazatlan.

The tender situation is so easy in Cabo. I wouldn't let this make my decision in cruising a 6 or 7 day cruise. I did a cruise to Mexico a little over a year ago with my niece and we had two days in Cabo. The first day we took a sailing/snorkeling trip and the second day we wandered about town, ate some lunch, drank some tequila. Even though I like going to Mazatlan it was actually nice having two days in Cabo.

We had booked the 6-day for Dec 2013 on Miracle for a family cruise and then the 7-day for Nov 2013 on the Miracle dropped in price which made it only $20pp more. One more day on the cruise ship plus another chance for Cabo street tacos for $20 more pp was a no brainer. We jumped dates and now our count down is shorter...yahoo

We had booked the 6-day for Dec 2013 on Miracle for a family cruise and then the 7-day for Nov 2013 on the Miracle dropped in price which made it only $20pp more. One more day on the cruise ship plus another chance for Cabo street tacos for $20 more pp was a no brainer. We jumped dates and now our count down is shorter...yahoo

That's great! I don't blame you - for $20 more I'd book the 7 day as well.

I'm not surprised at all. I typically cruise Princess and wouldn't be surprised it the same thing happens with the. With all that seems to be going on in the Mexican state of Sinaloa I think it will be a very long time. Not only would things have to settle down there and Sinaloa be taked off the US travel advisory warning list but then there would need to be some time for people to assimilate that information and feel good about traveling back to this region.

I have read on another post that either HAL or NCL (can't remember which one) might decide to go back in 2013. I do wonder what it will take for them to fill those ships and I do wonder how many may get off in Mazatlan.

I have cruised to the Mexican Riviera 8 times and had 8 really good experiences in Mazatlan.

Ditto on the good times in Mz...

that would work for us!...we live in san diego...which ship is it?

thanks in advance!

It looks like Holland America is staying two days in PV. I wish Princess would follow suit and have two days in PV as opposed to Cabo. I like Cabo but I like PV much more.

I don't have plans to cruise the Mexican Riviera this or next year. However, I will be ready to cruise there again in 2014. I can't go more than 2-3 years without cruising down to Mexico. I may have to book with Holland America but will wait and see how things play out over the next year and a half or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Where do u get your street tacos in cabo!???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have cruised Mexico numerous times and always had a wonderful time in Matzatlan. Never worried one minute. To be honest, I'm more nervous in A LOT of US cities than I ever was in Mexico. Just be smart and stay in the tourist areas - no worries.

Archived