Here's what I am packing - is this enough?

cooksforkids

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in about 3 weeks. Here is what I am packing for us. We are each taking a carry on and a personal Item. Me - a formal dress, casual dress, sundress, 2 pairs of capri pants( one black and one white), pair or jean shorts,brown skorts. Tops - white sleeveless polo, raspberry and white stripe top. purple sleeveless,2 tanks one white one black, floral sheer jacket, black jacket. 3 infinity scarves, swimsuit, 3 pair of shoes, otc meds ,prescription meds, personal items( wrinkle release ( wholemade)lotion,sunblock,tide to go pen), extra plug that makes one plug into 3, sink stoppper, magnetic clips, closepins, post-its,highligter,refillable water bottle. DH - 3 polos,one long sleeve dress shirt, tie,2 t shirts,2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shorts,swimtrunks,personal items, prescriptions. Again is this enough? too much? missing anything important

I'm just going to assume that you are headed for a 7 day Caribbean, and say that I think you've got a pretty good list going. I tend to over pack, but after 4 cruises I'm getting a lot better at it. For the most part just pack what you would wear on casual summer days and you will be fine. The only thing I'd suggest is a second swimsuit. We don't spend too much time at the beach, but I have found that in the humid tropical air, clothes tend to stay wet for longer than you might like, and there's nothing worse than having to put on a wet suit :eek:

You and your husband should take a pair of flip flops or something to wear going to the pool. You should also take a swimsuit cover up. The sinks on the ships I've been on have had a stopper mechanism. Is this why you are taking a sink stopper? Otherwise your list seems fine. There are washers and dryers on Glory.

I like to pack a small evening bag, doesn't have to be fancy, just small enough for taking a lipstick and my sign and sail card (not wearing that around my neck at dinner!) and my glasses so if we go directly to the evening show after dinner I can see the performers ;)

I agree on the second swimsuit and the cover up. Maybe add a visor and a small utility tote to use as a beach bag when you go to the pool (bring a book, sunscreen, Fun Times) like a small bag from thirty-one dot com. There is a cute one there called a "Little Tote".

Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by momonthego17

That doesn't seem like much to me. We have only flown to one cruise and for that one, DH has status with United so we had a 70lb per bag luggage max. Heck, I take 8 pairs of shoes and DH takes 3. OP doesn't even mention shoes for her DH.

A 7 day cruise will always have 2 semi-formal dinners in the main dining room. You might want to consider taking another formal outfit and depending on your cabin you could have a maximum of 2 power outlets ( not sure how many devices you plan to bring so the multi plug is a good thing to bring.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DH - 3 polos,one long sleeve dress shirt, tie,2 t shirts,2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shorts,swimtrunks...

Personally, I think he needs more t-shirts and shorts. Walking around port for a few hours can make you quite hot and sweaty - best to have a few more t-shirts on standby, in my opinion. My hubby uses one to two tops per day and we do not do laundry/send items to be laundered while on vacation.

We sail NCL and never bring any dress clothes or dress shoes. We always look nice but hate to dress up on a cruise. I bring a lot of bathing suits, covers, tee shirts and shorts for daytime and capris and pretty tops for me and nice shorts, Kaki's and polos for hubby for night. You can never have enough casual wear for the daytime hot and humid weather. Why would you bring infinity scarfs? You will never wear them IMAO. Bring shoes that are comfy. Skip the high heels. Almost impossible to walk in heels on a rocking ship.

It sounds like you have a good start to what you are bringing. I would suggest an extra swimsuit, more t shirts. A tote bag for lugging your stuff up to the pool deck and to the beach. I also take a backpack so that if I am shopping in port I can just cram the goodies in it. and keep my hand free. You may also want to bring a power strip and a hanging door organizer type thing for extra storage room. Most of all just bring a good attitude and have fun!

I hope your DH is bringing some sandals along . . . can't imagine heading out for some sun with his shorts and dress shoes (or whatever shoes he is wearing on the plane).

Why do you think you need a sink stopper? I would also include an additional swimsuit and a cover-up; even if you are eating in the Lido, you still need to have a cover-up.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Sink stopper?

That's what I though too :confused:

Probably you're light on tee-shirts' date=' but it's possible that you just might find one or two ( ;)) for sale at market stalls at the ports.

Only three pairs of shoes? Was that a typo? Did you mean three [b']suitcases[/b] of shoes? If not, will you marry me?:D

We take a short electric extension lead with 3 or 4 sockets rather than just an adapter - sometimes the sockets in cabins are awkward to reach, insufficient room for a bulky adapter because sockets are too close to cabin fittings etc, or the adapter is too heavy to stay connected in the socket & needs propping up with a book or somesuch.

Those things apart, congratulations generally on not planning to take half the stuff that some would take :)

JB :)

Second bathing suit for her and flip-flops for both, some sort of hats -- but why the sink stopper?

The above, however is academic - the real question is how large is the "personal item"? Unless it is a second (probably over-sized) carry-on, there is no way OP is getting her basic list packed.

Sounds great for the carry on now whats in the checked bag.

I only count 6 shirts for your husband maybe I missed one but only 2 t shirts? Just for example me and my wife bring 2 to 3 outfits per day one for the morning/ breakfast. Some sort of swimsuit probably about 3 for the week. And then some thing for dinner. And we have free laundry service onboard. I would think at least bring 7 t shirts and everything would probably be ok. Forgive if I misread something.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Only three pairs of shoes? Was that a typo? Did you mean three suitcases of shoes? If not, will you marry me?:D

LOL! John! That's so funny. I guess now would be a good time to tell you that not all women take all kinds of shoes. I can usually do with a few pairs of sandals, my Nikes to work out, and one pair of pumps. We cruised with a couple who did have one suitcase for her shoes... wow... that was something! LOL :D

----> Is the "sink stopper" one of those things you put in the sink to catch hairs before they go down the drain? If so, then I don't think it will work as pretty much every cruise ship and hotel room I've been in has one of those plugs you pull up to plug the drain. The sink stopper won't lie flat...

Edited by Langley Cruisers