Fall 2016 cruises

skiladyldp

skiladyldp

I was just talking to Oceania and was told that Summer 2016 cruises will be released on March 4th. This does not answer your question but might give you some idea for the Fall 2016 release.

As an aside, I was told that Oceania has cut back on mailings. I haven’t received a brochure for over 3 weeks although I am still on their mailing list.

Cheers,

Don

Why is Oceania always so late with their releases?

Seabourn, Silversea, Crystal, Azamara, NCL, Celebrity, and so on have had their 2016 voyages posted for quite some time. Crystal and Azamara even have 2017 posted!

Hmm, I'll be onboard the Marina the last two weeks of February. I wonder if O will allow me to sign up, while on board, and get the benefits while on board, for a summer 2016 cruise?

Talk to the Club representative. Usually you can book a "phantom" cruise to get the on-board credits. You are allowed to transfer your booking once to another cruise without losing on-board credits. He/she will book a cruise far enough out so that the final payment will be due after the schedule comes out. You will still have to put a deposit down which is refundable if you do not find a cruise you like. Just be sure to request a refund, if needed before penalties apply. The Club representative will know what to do.

It also helps if you have a good travel agent who will watch out for you.

Ed&Frank;

Thanks; I'm entirely aware of that option, but not being "retired" yet, I find it to be a pain in the butt and a waste of time to go the drill for what little money in OBC is actually on the table.

Our TA does know what we're looking at, but since we get the early notification from O on released cruises, we may well know it's open before she does. If the 4th is the date, we get off the ship on 2/28 and back home from Auckland on the 3rd! Brain dead and back to work! :eek: Maybe they'll let us sneak in the reservation a little early, or we'll just deal with it.

I find it easier just to get a future cruise credit rather than playing the game of booking and then doing the one time change. The FCC is good for 2 years and it also allows for an additional change. Downside is you don't get the $100 OBC for the current cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Moving this thread up:

Does anyone know if the PDF of Summer Collection 2016 is being circulated now or this coming week? I know sales open on March 4 (I believe that's the date) but normally we can see the itineraries well before then.

I'm seeing "coming soon" on lots of sites but haven't actually seen the schedule.

I think a few of you have seen them so hoping if you can share where :)

Thanks!