Moving hotel in venice

diamondj

Hi anyone stayed in Hotel Luxe, Ca'Zose or Palazzo Guardi please.

would you please state positives and negatives so we can make a choice quickly as the weekend we will be there next year is regatta weekend and rooms are booking up fast. Cheers everyone

PS We are sailing out on Norwegian Star on 3rd Sept. Hope some of you may be onboard.

I have no help for you on the hotel situation - but we are the Star the week before you! We are opting to stay at the Best Western Olimpia pre-cruise. I want to be close to the port, have A/C and an elevator. No matter where you decide to stay, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Hi, quite fancy that idea, but hubbie not so keen ( he's probably keen to avoid my cooking ! ) . Thank you for suggestion.

Some people aren't keen on the idea at first, not sure why. I was in Quebec City with friends last month and while deciding on where to stay I suggested apartments and my friend's husband wasn't comfortable with the idea but we talked him into it. When we left he commented how great it was, they ended up with a beautiful duplex unit with access to roof terrace. You have a kitchen but you can do as little or as much cooking as you like, we ate most meals out. In Venice there's restaurants all over and cafes for breakfast, or you can pick up some breakfast items at one of the markets and make your own breakfast if you're an early riser. Some apartments in Venice offer a breakfast delivery service each morning. Another nice feature is usually you have a washer/dryer so you can travel light. At any rate, have a great trip!

Edited by Rustybuttons123

Cruisemom42,

Very funny - but thanks for replying anyway.

Wasn't making a joke, I honestly didn't (and still don't) understand your terminology. Perhaps it's a British phrase...?

Are these moving hotels (as in floating)? Are you looking to move from one hotel to another? Now I am curious. :D

Some people aren't keen on the idea at first, not sure why. I was in Quebec City with friends last month and while deciding on where to stay I suggested apartments and my friend's husband wasn't comfortable with the idea but we talked him into it. When we left he commented how great it was, they ended up with a beautiful duplex unit with access to roof terrace. You have a kitchen but you can do as little or as much cooking as you like, we ate most meals out. In Venice there's restaurants all over and cafes for breakfast, or you can pick up some breakfast items at one of the markets and make your own breakfast if you're an early riser. Some apartments in Venice offer a breakfast delivery service each morning. Another nice feature is usually you have a washer/dryer so you can travel light. At any rate, have a great trip!

I've stayed in apartments and much prefer hotels. I enjoy having someone else tidy my room every day, provide fresh towels, etc. And -- especially in Italy -- I want to enjoy eating out. Even breakfast, as I am addicted to good Italian bar-made espresso and cappuccino. ;)

I've stayed in apartments and much prefer hotels. I enjoy having someone else tidy my room every day, provide fresh towels, etc. And -- especially in Italy -- I want to enjoy eating out. Even breakfast, as I am addicted to good Italian bar-made espresso and cappuccino. ;)

There's no law that I know of that prevents you from eating out if you're staying in an apartment :) Serviced apartments offer maid and other services, as I mentioned some offer breakfast delivery and it's quite a nice spread usually.

There's no law that I know of that prevents you from eating out if you're staying in an apartment :) Serviced apartments offer maid and other services, as I mentioned some offer breakfast delivery and it's quite a nice spread usually.

Sure, but now you're talking about a more specialized category.

Regardless, I'm just pointing out that everyone's got their own preferences. Hotels fit the bill best for me for many reasons, especially for shorter stays.

Sure, but now you're talking about a more specialized category.

Regardless, I'm just pointing out that everyone's got their own preferences. Hotels fit the bill best for me for many reasons, especially for shorter stays.

Not really, serviced apartments are common in major cities, but each can offer different things depending on your needs. Length of stay isn't a major factor unless the rental has a 1 week minimum, while that used to be common years ago, it isn't anymore, many rent by the day, I've had them for just 1 or 2 nights.

If hotels you prefer without really understanding all your options that's fine, entirely up to you. My post wasn't directed to you anyway, although of course free to read if you find it useful, if not then no response is required.

Also of note, apartments and villas become particularly economical with 4 or more people who would otherwise require 2 or more hotel rooms.

All the best and happy travels :)

• 2 weeks later...
I have no help for you on the hotel situation - but we are the Star the week before you! We are opting to stay at the Best Western Olimpia pre-cruise. I want to be close to the port, have A/C and an elevator. No matter where you decide to stay, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

We love the Best Western Olimpia!! Have stayed twice for a total of 8 nights. Staff are excellent, fantastic breakfast, rooms super clean and they have a beautiful garden area to sit in. Just around the corner is a very good gelato counter and each night we would bring some back to enjoy in the garden. Hope you love it as much as we do!!! PS just booked another three nights there for an upcoming trip in June2017.

Sorry to those few who were confused by my title. I wanted to know about a couple of hotels, as we want to move our booking to another hotel due to the bad reviews for the one we booked.

Thanks for the suggestions from those who understood my meaning.

Happy cruising to everyone who loves this type of holiday.

Sorry to those few who were confused by my title. I wanted to know about a couple of hotels, as we want to move our booking to another hotel due to the bad reviews for the one we booked.

Thanks for the suggestions from those who understood my meaning.

Happy cruising to everyone who loves this type of holiday.

LOL...I think many of us got caught by a very subtle difference in British English and American English. An American would have said they were changing hotels.

I stayed at the L'Orologio a couple of weeks ago and loved it. It's a new hotel in an old building, an interesting mix of modern and historic. Everything is new, the staff is great and the location near Rialto on the Grand Canal is good.

The one downside is that although the Rialto Mercato vaporetto stop is close by (just two-tenths of a mile) it's a bit cumbersome to find your way. Once you know how to walk it it's easy but it's not immediately obvious, or at least it wasn't to me (there's a building along the waterfront that prevents you from walking a straight line as google maps thinks you can). However, if you're willing to spring for a private water taxi they can pull right up to the front door.

http://www.hotelorologiovenezia.com/offerte/hotel-orologio.html?gclid=CLKbmsaQitACFYxahgod8EQKFQ