EZAIR Island Princess July 2016 Alaska Air Seats from Sea to ANC

dougecon

I'm trying to clarify why I can't reserve my seats on the second leg of a flight on Alaska Airlines from Seattle to Anchorage for an Island Princess cruise. The reservations were made through the Princess EZAIR service. I can obtain seats for the flirst leg from BWI to Seattle, but the second leg says seats are controlled by the airport/ticketing counter.

Have others experienced this issue? Is there a logical reason that I am missing? I called Princess but couldn't get a clear answer. "They don't because they don't..." OK...

Thanks in advance...doug

Do you have a ticket number for the leg in question? If you don't this

is a clear sign that it not fully paid and ticketed. A couple of weeks ago

someone on these boards also purchased easyair and they had to paid

for there flight home. Check with the airline to make sure that it has been

ticketed and call Princess. DO NOT let them off the line until the problem has been resolved.

We had an issue where some legs had seats "automatically" assigned (which I could change) and other legs I couldn't reserve seats even after Princess had reserved the tickets. It turned out that the airline wouldn't allow seat selection until the tickets were PAID, not just reserved.

In other situations, the airline controls seat assignments, whether in advance or at the gate. The closer you are to the flight, the more likely it is to be at the gate. If you have a ticket number, I'd call the airline directly and ask.

If you are on Alaska Air, it means they either are about to or have oversold the plane and cannot make seat assignments at this time. You will be given a seat assignment probably at the gate. Do not fear though as if they don't have enough seats they will pay some to take the next flight. I have been on flights like this where they were having to pay pax to not take that flight.

• 2 weeks later...