Bringing wine back in port

Susant222

I know you can bring wine on board at embarkation. But can you buy wine in Port and bring it back on the ship for your own consumption?

Yes, you may, bring on as much wine, or liquor for that matter as you would care to for in cabin consumption.

The liquor must stay in the cabin, but if you'd like to bring the wine into a public room, there is a $25 per bottle corkage fee.

We had a great time in Buenos Aires picking up local Malbecs for our cruise to Rio. Wines you find in port can be more interesting than the ship wine list and, if you want to drink your wine at dinner, the cost of a bottle plus the $25 corkage is generally less than the cost of a similar ship wine plus 18% mandatory gratuity. I learned from another poster that if you give your bottles to the staff, they will store them at the proper temperature and will retrieve them for you at dinner. Just don't lose count and leave some behind!

Mary

Can I take a single glass of wine from the cabin to dinner, not a whole bottle.

I am sure people do but do not abuse the privilege & ruin it for others

Oceania treats it's passengers as adults by allowing them to bring more than 1 bottle onboard for their cabin

When people start bring glasses of wine or drinks from their cabin to the public venues they will stop being generous with the policy

JMO

Can I take a single glass of wine from the cabin to dinner, not a whole bottle.

for $25 you can. for corkage I would assume.... lets not abuse a privileged... Wine glasses in cabins are different then they have in the bar and restaurants:o...

• 1 month later...

Many people take drinks with them all over the ship. Order a drink at a bar, take it to dinner. Have some wine with lunch and finish it on deck. The only place that I ever saw a do not take liquor with from one room to the next was in Salt Lake City. They have some weird rules. Carrying a drink with you doesn't bother me. I seldom drink liquor. I do fill my water bottle and take it with me. It is especially nice while sitting outside on a warm day. It's more convenient than getting from the bar. Nobody ever objected. Why object to somebody carrying their own beverage!

Why object to somebody carrying their own beverage!

I think that you are missing the point some are making here.

Nobody objects to drinks being carried from the bar to dinner, etc as they have been already paid for.

What people are rightfully objecting to is carrying a glass of wine from your cabin to dinner (to avoid corkage fees).

That is my understanding of the objection.

Absolutely. If you bring wine on board drink it in your cabin unless you are willing to pay the corkage fee and have it served in one of the dining venues.

The only wine that should be carried around the ship is wine purchased on board from o

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Absolutely. If you bring wine on board drink it in your cabin unless you are willing to pay the corkage fee and have it served in one of the dining venues.

The only wine that should be carried around the ship is wine purchased on board from o

Why ? other than "proper" etiquette,is there a DIRECTIVE on ship that says so,if not I think we could use "advisable" instead of MUST or SHOULD...

Why ? other than "proper" etiquette,is there a DIRECTIVE on ship that says so,if not I think we could use "advisable" instead of MUST or SHOULD...

Sorry Doc, but you are 100% wrong in this instance.

The Oceania liquor policy is very liberal in that guests may bring on as much as they care to, provided that they only consume it in their cabins. Their sole caveat is that wine brought into into a public venue,requires a $25 corkage fee.

Being that Oceania is willing to treat us like responsible adults, I see no reason to undermine their efforts. It will only result in killing the goose which lays the golden eggs....

Thanks Jim...coming from you I assume it is well-researched and correct,I had looked some but did not find such "directive'..

I am very happy and grateful with Oceania's liberal policy of bringing "alcohol" on board...since my wife and I are almost 100% wine drinkers,will happily pay the corkage for taking our wine to dinner.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, you may, bring on as much wine, or liquor for that matter as you would care to for in cabin consumption.

The liquor must stay in the cabin, but if you'd like to bring the wine into a public room, there is a $25 per bottle corkage fee.

Hi Jim and Stan,

I certainly hope you are right about cabin liquor. This my 4th cruise on O and I've brought about 4 bottles on board every time. One cruise they even had a liquor store opened right by the gangplank for its passengers. But I haven't cruised O in about 21 months and I just received my cruise package for a fall cruise that states under alcohol policy: "All liquor purchased ashore must remain in bond until disembarkation." That has never been the policy as I knew it. Are you sure? Because that is one reason why I choose O instead of the cheaper ships.

Yikes

This is from oceania us ticket contract I found on line dated feb 2017

Guests agree that the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages will be limited to Guests who are 21 years or older and no Guest will attempt to purchase or consume such beverages in violation of this policy under any circumstances, either for themselves or others. Carrier will refuse and prohibit the sale or service of alcoholic beverages to Guests under the age of 21 years. Guests are reminded to consume alcohol in moderation and Carrier reserves the right to refuse the sale of such beverages to any intoxicated or underage Guest. Carrier reserves the right to prohibit and retain all liquor brought aboard the Ship. All liquor purchased ashore must remain in bond until disembarkation.

Can this be true?