Captain Patrick.

GPoll189

This is correct. I spoke with him this week on oasis. He leaves around sep to start the training

UNV-IT are you on Oasis this week. I just got off it on Saturday. I was unable to meet Captain Patrick last week. I was going to ask him about how they were going to repair Allure in Freeport. Are they taking her out of the water or doing a wet dock instead. One crew says that there is a new facility at Freeport that will allow Oasis size ships so that means Oasis, Allure, and the new one won't need to do TA anymore.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

UNV-IT are you on Oasis this week. I just got off it on Saturday. I was unable to meet Captain Patrick last week. I was going to ask him about how they were going to repair Allure in Freeport. Are they taking her out of the water or doing a wet dock instead. One crew says that there is a new facility at Freeport that will allow Oasis size ships so that means Oasis, Allure, and the new one won't need to do TA anymore.

The Oasis class ships have a new version of the Azipods that actually allows for a hatch to be opened in the ship and someone can climb down a ladder into a small room within the azipod itself and make all the repairs without taking her out of the water or going outside of the ship. The only reason they are taking her to Nassau is that it takes more than a day to accomplish the repairs and Port Everglades would be a much heftier bill for staying tied up.

The Oasis class ships have a new version of the Azipods that actually allows for a hatch to be opened in the ship and someone can climb down a ladder into a small room within the azipod itself and make all the repairs without taking her out of the water or going outside of the ship. The only reason they are taking her to Nassau is that it takes more than a day to accomplish the repairs and Port Everglades would be a much heftier bill for staying tied up.

Thank you very much for they explanation of this procedure. So actually it is a wet dock for the Allure??

I was on the nov 30 sailing