Cabin Power Outlets Diamond Princess

cc_double

Can anyone help me with the power outlet situation in the cabins on the Diamond Princess, are there 110/220 points? Thanks in advance.

Diamond Princess current is nominally 110V 60Hz

These are US outlets, requiring an adaptor to plug in local plugs. I bought one at Big W recently for $9.50

productLarge_2244.jpg

Most modern appliances will work in a range from 100-240V, 50-60Hz (check on the appliance or power lead). The power regulator/transformer is now built into the appliance or lead of most appliances, so they do not need to make different spec products for different countries - just supply a different lead.

Any appliance that is labelled as 220-240V 50Hz will require a more expensive option of a step transformer in order to work on the ship.

My laptop, phone charger, battery chargers will all work with just an adaptor.

Thanks heaps arxcards, having never cruised on Princess before wasn't sure what to expect and as we are at the packing stage thought Id better check, we have adapters that work on Costa and Carnival so will pack them the same now for Princess. Great help!!!!

These are US outlets, requiring an adaptor to plug in local plugs. I bought one at Big W recently for $9.50

productLarge_2244.jpg

Most modern appliances will work in a range from 100-240V, 50-60Hz (check on the appliance or power lead). The power regulator/transformer is now built into the appliance or lead of most appliances, so they do not need to make different spec products for different countries - just supply a different lead.

Any appliance that is labelled as 220-240V 50Hz will require a more expensive option of a step transformer in order to work on the ship.

Hi

I just bought a american adapter from Tandy. It only has 2 prongs in front and 2 straight prongs to go into wall. Will this work on the Diamond Princess?? We sail on Monday.

Colleen

hi colleen, i bought one like your one from the NRMA for the Rhapsody and it charged the mobile but not the camera so if you can take some spare batteries just in case you need them

rkmw

Hi,

I have sailed on the Sapphire Princess, sister ship to the Diamond so the set up will be the same.

There is a 240 volt outlet behind the bed which the lamps are plugged into. Its a bit of a pain to get to, but comes in real handy if you do not have dual voltage appliances. This requires a different adapter which you can get from the pursers office for.. I think ..a $20 deposit which is refunded when you return it.

We found our mobile phones did not charge very well using the 110v even though they were dual voltage. They only seemed to charge for a day or two then go flat. Using the 240v behind the bed they held their regular charge (about 1 week)

Linda

Hi,

I have sailed on the Sapphire Princess, sister ship to the Diamond so the set up will be the same.

There is a 240 volt outlet behind the bed which the lamps are plugged into. Its a bit of a pain to get to, but comes in real handy if you do not have dual voltage appliances. This requires a different adapter which you can get from the pursers office for.. I think ..a $20 deposit which is refunded when you return it.

We found our mobile phones did not charge very well using the 110v even though they were dual voltage. They only seemed to charge for a day or two then go flat. Using the 240v behind the bed they held their regular charge (about 1 week)

Linda

Hi All,

Linda is correct about the outlet behind the bed, it is a British 240V plug instead of the rest of the cabin which are the American 2 pin 110V plugs.

Anothe tip is to take a normal cheap Australian power board and this will allow you to plug in various things from the one American adaptor.

Happy Cruising

Chris

Diamond Princess current is nominally 110V 60Hz

productLarge_2244.jpg

Hi All,

Does this applies to Sun Princess as well.

Cheers

4xcruise

Hi All,

Does this applies to Sun Princess as well.

Cheers

4xcruise

No. On the Sun Princess the power point near the TV is an Australian fitting and 240 volts. I think the point in the bathroom was an American fitting. I believe that the Dawn Princess would be the same.

Take a power board, or at least a double adaptor. :):)

Evon.

No. On the Sun Princess the power point near the TV is an Australian fitting and 240 volts. I think the point in the bathroom was an American fitting. I believe that the Dawn Princess would be the same.

Take a power board, or at least a double adaptor. :):)

Evon.

Thanks Evon of your helpful info.

4xcruise

Archived