Private Singing Lessons - QM2?

tangoll

Hello, I'll be on QM2 TA in October. Interested to find one of ship's performers to help me with singing and voice lessons, mostly pop songs and duets, like Tonight I Celebrate My Love for You, You are the Love of my Life, A Whole New World, How Deep is Your Love. I will have sheet music for all songs I wish to work on. Maybe 45 mins a day. Instructor should be able to play piano. I am male. Not karaoke, but with live backing music.

Has anyone ever made such a request, or actually had lessons from one of ship's performers? Will pay reasonable price per one hour session.

Thanks.

I think you'll find that most members of the entertainment department are either busy with their own schedule or taking a well earned rest in preparation for the evenings performances .

I'm not too sure where you will find a suitable 'venue with a piano' that will not disturb the enjoyment of other guests. At a rough guess I can only think of the following five public venues onboard QM2 (where there is a piano)

Queens Room,Commodore Club, Golden Lion Pub, Chart Room and the Grand Lobby and I very much doubt that you'll be permitted to practice your scales in any of these.

There is also a Grand Piano back stage of the Royal Court Theatre, but you may need to find three strong men to wheel it out for you.

Edited by Bell Boy

I think you'll find that most members of the entertainment department are either busy with their own schedule or taking a well earned rest in preparation for the evenings performances .

I'm not too sure where you will find a suitable 'venue with a piano' that will not disturb the enjoyment of other guests. At a rough guess I can only think of the following five public venues onboard QM2 (where there is a piano)

Queens Room,Commodore Club, Golden Lion Pub, Chart Room and the Grand Lobby and I very much doubt that you'll be permitted to practice your scales in any of these. There is also a Grand Piano back stage of the Royal Court Theatre, but you may need to find three strong men to wheel it out for you.

BB, thanks your insight. For music, what I can do is download piano covers of the songs I wish to work on, and have the backing music on my phone. Then can have lesson anywhere, outside on deck or even in my cabin. Now, just need to find a qualified instructor.

I've known people to take private dance lessons but not voice lessons. You can inquire once on board but unless you are on an extended voyage there is no time to develop a professional relationship with your instructor. If memory serves I believe that the tender embarkation rooms down on deck 1 have pianos since those spaces are used for yoga and rehearsals. If you can arrange this then that is where you would probably be.