Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Ask a Cruise Question Post your general cruise questions here.

Old July 10th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default My Time Dining

going on our first cruise on 14th october around the canaries on the Independence of the seas would like to know how the my time dining works as we are not sure what to do.....Also any other information we might need to know would be really appreciated as this is our first cruise....

Thanks
Bev & Paul

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

My Time Dining works just like a restaurant. You show up during the hours the dining room is open, stand in line, and get a table. You might have a wait, etc.

For RCI specific questions, you would be best posting this on the RCI board.

Old July 10th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

But you need to sign-up for My Time Dining in advance.

Past cruises: 18 RCCL and 3 Celebrity - 18 ships and 74 Ports - one future cruise.
Sovereign: East Caribbean Nov 1996; Enchantment: West Caribbean Feb 1999; Splendour: Brazil and Rio Carnival Feb 2001; Adventure: East Caribbean Mar 2004; Rhapsody: West Caribbean Mar 2005; Brilliance: Panama Canal Mar 2006; Jewel: East Caribbean Feb 2007; Brilliance: Hawaii Oct 2007; Voyager: Mediterranean Nov 2008; Legend: Asia Feb 2009; Oasis: Eastern Caribbean Feb 2010; Briliance: Suez Canal and Dubai Jan 2011; Vision: 3 nights Berlin Cruise from Copenhegen June 2011; Serenade: 7 night from San Juan, February 2012; Vision: 4 night St Petersburg from Stockholm, June 2012; Millennium: 14 night gems of Southeast Asia from Singapore, Jan 2013. Liberty: Western Mediterranean from Barcelona; April 2013, Vision: Norwegian Fjords from Copenhagen, June 2013; Xpedition, Galapagos itinerary B, November 2013; Celebrity Reflection, Eastern Caribbean, March 2014; Legend of the Seas, Baltic Cruise, June 2014.

Old July 10th, 2013, 07:30 AM
40,000+ Club

You should have signed up for My Time or Traditional when you booked. If you did not or aren't sure, call your TA or RCI

Old July 10th, 2013, 07:32 AM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1025cruise View Post
My Time Dining works just like a restaurant. You show up during the hours the dining room is open, stand in line, and get a table. You might have a wait, etc.

For RCI specific questions, you would be best posting this on the RCI board.
With RCI you can also make daily or advanced reservations with MTD. Standing in line is not your only option. You can also request the same table location and wait staff if desired and they will try to accommodate you. Gratuities are also prepaid at the time of this selection.

RCI cruises:
Sovereign
Majesty (twice)
Grandeur (3 times - Maiden voyage +2)
Adventure (twice)
Voyager
Navigator
Liberty
Serenade
Jewel
Oasis (twice)
Explorer (twice)
Independence (twice)
Freedom - 10/14
Adventure B2B - 6/15 & 7/15

Upcoming:

Last edited by leaveitallbehind; July 10th, 2013 at 07:33 AM.