Category PT

NickCDN

One reason they're so cheap (comparatively) is because they are at the front of the ship. I've read here that during rough seas, you can hear the water hit the ship, especially on lower decks. And you feel more motion at the front and back than in the middle, so a cabin in the middle of the ship is a smoother ride.

I have also read on here that most people who tried them really like them and would take them again. I plan to try one in the future.:)

I am curious as well. I am booked on the Ecstasy in Dec with a PT. The price we paid for the PT was the same price as a 4D cabin, so we opt for the PT. Also, do the PT rooms have a couch in it like the balcony cabins.

We booked one for our June cruise out of Charleston. We have always done an oceanview but wanted to try something different and cheaper. I read on here somewhere that there is no couch. What I think is neat is that you can climb up into the shelf where the portholes are and look out from up there. The size of your "shelf" varies as far as the position of the ship your cabin is. You may have a large shelf or small one. I cant wait to try something new! :D

We booked one for our June cruise out of Charleston. We have always done an oceanview but wanted to try something different and cheaper. I read on here somewhere that there is no couch. What I think is neat is that you can climb up into the shelf where the portholes are and look out from up there. The size of your "shelf" varies as far as the position of the ship your cabin is. You may have a large shelf or small one. I cant wait to try something new! :D

We booked at PT cabin on the Dream. It has two twins that can be converted to one bed and a couch that converts to a bed. It is 203 sq. ft. (bigger than the standard 185 sq.ft. cabins). Our PT can also be used as a connecting cabin to the OV that is next to it.

PT's is one of Carnival's best kept secrets (that is becoming not so secret anymore!). The price we got was great and we have received two price adjustments which has made our upcoming cruise all the sweeter!

Enjoy your cruise!

GGBOXERS

I am curious as well. I am booked on the Ecstasy in Dec with a PT. The price we paid for the PT was the same price as a 4D cabin, so we opt for the PT. Also, do the PT rooms have a couch in it like the balcony cabins.

Only suites have couches on the Ecstasy.

Here's pictures of E4, a PT, from October. LOVED this cabin and would definitely choose it over an OV in the future for the savings!

http://travel.webshots.com/album/575264284BAhYgz?start=24

One reason they're so cheap (comparatively) is because they are at the front of the ship. I've read here that during rough seas, you can hear the water hit the ship, especially on lower decks. And you feel more motion at the front and back than in the middle, so a cabin in the middle of the ship is a smoother ride.

I have also read on here that most people who tried them really like them and would take them again. I plan to try one in the future.:)

All but one of my cabins have been a Pt - 1A, and my next 4 are all 1A with porthole. There is a single and a sofa. Having been all the way forward I experienced only 1 rough time --out running a huricane. Other than that I love it.:D So much cheaper than an OV for a me..a solo cruiser.

Don't tell Carnival what a great deal the rooms are! I hope to take advantage of these in the future.

Last year, during the spring, I was noticing that those rooms were actually being classified as 4As, 4Bs, etc., corresponding to the inside rooms nearby. But because of earlysaver, Carnival brought in the PT category, to reduce the number of rooms in each category. Once a category sells out, you can no longer get any price reduction or OBC.

I was amused when I booked our April 23rd cruise on the Elation. I had booked a 4a to get the cheapest price and noticed the next day that they had PT's available, so I called up Carnival and asked is I could switch from the 4a on Riviera to a PT on the Upper deck as they were the same price. The Carnival rep. said it was no problem but that it was a downgrade from 4a to PT. I asked how a cabin that used to be classed 5a, and moving up 2 decks and getting glass to look outside through could be considered a downgrade? She said it was, so I happily took the downgrade. The funny thing about it was that our original cabin was opposite the PT cabins on the Riviera deck so it was not like we were giving up a choice mid ship location or anything, just trading darkness for light!

We ENJOY the pt cabins, Especially for the price to get an extra cruise in there! :D Only downside for some folks would be:

1) you will feel more movement.......we loved it!

2) a LONG walk to get most places......we need the exercise. :rolleyes:

3) pulling into ports you will hear loud noise for awhile......we call that our wake up call to get up and go play!

4) if it's really rough waters you can see the waves splash up on the windows everytime the ship splashes back down.....again we thought it as kinda cool, but it freaked out some folks with us in the next door pt cabin. :p

The pt cabins we have had or seen, some had couch some didn't.

Try it once and see what ya think.

It's only a few days! :)

Kat

4) if it's really rough waters you can see the waves splash up on the windows everytime the ship splashes back down.....again we thought it as kinda cool, but it freaked out some folks with us in the next door pt cabin. :p

That would be awesome! Have a PT on the Imagination in Nov. Would love to see some wave action! :)

Archived