Kids at Jacks Schack

mikem1977

Would it be ok for us to have our kids (10, 11, 11) hang out at the beach at Jacks Shack or is it an area that is not appropriate for kids?

The inappropriate place to bring your kids is the pool at Margaritaville by the DJ booth. Jack's Shack is a great place to hang out.

I had heard rumors that some crazy stuff happens at margaritaville (x-rated twerking and games that make you say wow) so that was another reason we were looking at Jack's as an alternative if it gets to crazy at Margaritaville.

Our kids are not virgins to inappropritate stuff (caught my 10 year old watching Sons of Anarchy and had to change the parental settings again, lol) but if we can avoid it I would like to have an exit plan.

If you get a bunch of rowdy folks up at the bar at Jack's you can always mosey on back down the beach, there are spots between Jacks and Margaritaville with loungers. And there is a quieter beach with loungers to the right of the pier. MV is to the left.

We haven't made it to Jack's yet, but never saw anything inappropriate at Margaritaville. Lots of people having fun, but nothing to raise an eyebrow. Lots of kids in the pool. Maybe later in the day it gets rowdy when people have spent all day drinking, but we've never stayed long enough to see that.

We haven't made it to Jack's yet, but never saw anything inappropriate at Margaritaville. Lots of people having fun, but nothing to raise an eyebrow. Lots of kids in the pool. Maybe later in the day it gets rowdy when people have spent all day drinking, but we've never stayed long enough to see that.

We've been there many times and have also never seen anything inappropriate whatsoever.

LuLu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Would it be ok for us to have our kids (10, 11, 11) hang out at the beach at Jacks Shack or is it an area that is not appropriate for kids?

We took our kids, 9 and 11 to Jacks shack last year. Had a great time and Topher the dog is there to play with. There were kids everywhere and it is way better for families than margaritaville. You can snorkel, but toward the pier is much better and have a great time without the x rated parties.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I've been to Margaritaville a few times...the worst thing that I have seen is a dance contest and I don't think it was inappropriate...they can see some of that on DWS show. I will be there in a couple of weeks and we're going to hit Jacks and Margaritaville.

So to get to Jack's you get off the ship, go down the dock go through shops and then go left? Or am I walking down the beach??

Sorry trying to visualize something I have never seen is not easy!! Is Grand Turk one of those ports that you have to go through shops to get off the dock?

So to get to Jack's you get off the ship, go down the dock go through shops and then go left? Or am I walking down the beach??

Sorry trying to visualize something I have never seen is not easy!! Is Grand Turk one of those ports that you have to go through shops to get off the dock?

You go through one store, port area is little. Find the beach on the left and start walking.

IMG_2033.jpg