Creative gift

Sweetpace

My husband and I received a gift from Regent today. It was wrapped beautifully and we had fun opening it. What a surprise. Enclosed in a beautiful lacquer box was a small square of the first cutting of metal from the new build, Explorer. It is engraved with the info of the cutting. It will make a great paperweight or display item for a curio cabinet or coffee table. We are at the Titanium level and feel very honored to receive this gift. Thank you Regent!

My husband and I received a gift from Regent today. It was wrapped beautifully and we had fun opening it. What a surprise. Enclosed in a beautiful lacquer box was a small square of the first cutting of metal from the new build, Explorer. It is engraved with the info of the cutting. It will make a great paperweight or display item for a curio cabinet or coffee table. We are at the Titanium level and feel very honored to receive this gift. Thank you Regent!

What a lovely gift - although others on this board may disagree with me, I believe it is important for companies to recognize and reward their most loyal customers. I believe this token of appreciation was only extended to Titanium level members because we are platinum and were not as lucky as you, unless as they say "it is in the mail"!

Enjoy

gnomie :)

Very jealous, I have been lucky enough to get something similar from my previous life on boats, a piece of the hull of a decommissioned Australian Submarine cut into the shape of an OBERANG, the symbol of the Australian Oberon Squadron, something I treasure as a part of my history.

Obviously I need more cruises or my navy time to be recognised.:D

BTW, boats = submarines

Sweetpace, that is a VERY cool gift. We too are Titanium for quite a few years but we didn't get one:confused:. I hope they're sending them to all Titanium guests. Fingers crossed, it sounds like a wonderful keepsake.:)

Now a week later and still no gift. I'm curious if there are other Titaniums who have not received this creative gift?? :confused:

Wouldn't your TA be able to get this resolved? I think she could find out...hope you get it soon

Mystery Solved !

I just got this from Regent after making an inquiry phone call, maybe others might be in the same "boat"

Hello,

You and I spoke earlier today regarding a steel cutting gift that were sent to titanium members with Regent. In order for one to receive this and other promotional materials, one would need to be signed up for our mailing list. Our mailing list entitles guests to brochures, new specials, and any other promotional amenities such as this “Steel cutting” gift of our new ship. I was able to check with our Marketing dept and they advised that in March, you guys opted out of our mailing list, therefore, didn’t receive the gift. If you would like, I would be more than happy to have you added back on to the mailing lists and then you would receive the gift, along with other promotional material.

Please let me know what you decide.

Regards,

John Olson

Cruise Account Executive

Wow!!! I think that their response really cheapens the Regent brand. Mr. Olson is tying your eligibility for this gift to your willingness to receive ads rather than your loyalty. Shame on him and on Regent.

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

Wow!!! I think that their response really cheapens the Regent brand. Mr. Olson is tying your eligibility for this gift to your willingness to receive ads rather than your loyalty. Shame on him and on Regent.

Z and TB

You got that right, but business is business, no? :D

You got that right, but business is business, no? :D

This is a small point but I am somewhat picky on these types of things...the response from Regent also said "you guys opted out" I'm not sure if that is a direct quote from the response or a paraphrase but it is very unprofessional for a company representative to call a titanium member or any Regent customer as "you guys".

I AGREE about tying the promotional gift in with receiving mailers. This makes no sense to me. When I replied to Mr. Olson I mentioned how others (like ourselves) would NOT equate receiving mailers with receiving a promotional gift.:confused:

This seems to be the way that Regent keeps track of "active" customers (meaning still alive as well as those that that have cruised on Regent within xx years). Perhaps they need to rethink this method and use information from another database. A better way would have been to email all Titanium customers to get a verification of their address. This would reach customers with email addresses but certainly not everyone.

In terms of "you guys", I had to smile about usage of this term. While some find it perhaps too familiar, to me it felt as if the person was writing to friends. After all, Titanium members are part of the Regent family -- just like all of us are.

Edited by Travelcat2

In terms of "you guys", I had to smile about usage of this term. While some find it perhaps too familiar, to me it felt as if the person was writing to friends. After all, Titanium members are part of the Regent family -- just like all of us are.

"Writing to Friends?" If we were really his friends, he would have expressed it as "youse guys." :p

Hi, this is Harry Sommer, Chief Marketing Officer at Regent Seven Seas (and occasional poster on Cruise Critic). The information the cruise account executive provided you is correct - we respect our guest's wishes and will not mail to those who have requested to be removed from our mailing list.

This gift is a token of appreciation to all of our Titanium and higher members of the Regent Seven Seas Society. As such, the gift is in no way or means tied to receiving our direct mail marketing. Send me a private message with your address (and permission for me to send you the gift) and I'll personally see to it that you will receive the the gift as well.

All the best,

Harry Sommer

hsommer@prestigecruiseholdings.com

Hi, this is Harry Sommer, Chief Marketing Officer at Regent Seven Seas (and occasional poster on Cruise Critic). The information the cruise account executive provided you is correct - we respect our guest's wishes and will not mail to those who have requested to be removed from our mailing list.

This gift is a token of appreciation to all of our Titanium and higher members of the Regent Seven Seas Society. As such, the gift is in no way or means tied to receiving our direct mail marketing. Send me a private message with your address (and permission for me to send you the gift) and I'll personally see to it that you will receive the the gift as well.

All the best,

Harry Sommer

Thank you for the response Mr. Sommer!

Loyalty to many companies will get you a few perks and gifts. I think that was a real nice gesture on the part of Regent. Micato Safaris sends us a gift every Christmas and so does Crystal and our banker. This is just a thank you from Regent for being loyal guests. Nothing to get upset about.

Well done, Mr. Sommer. You've reinstated my faith in Regent. Classy move from a classy company. Can I get one, too? :D:D:D

Z and TB

Haha, it depends, ZSqueeze, are you a titanium? ;-) I have four days to go, but don't get my bennies until November, and it took me 15 years of cruising to get there!

Edited by jhp

All the best,

Harry Sommer

Normally I wouldn't jump into this hornets nest, but I TOTALLY agree with the above response. WAY too many PICKY-PICKY comments here, not only this thread, but others. Hope we're not sharing a dinner table with any of these responders "white glove" cruisers.

We did two cruises on the Cunard line and that thread is full of this "Oh, imagine, that's NOT right" cruisers.