Corner Afts on Freedom/Voyager Class - 3 people only?

Freedom and Voyager class ships have a few corner aft cabins which have off-the-charts amazing balconies. They have the Pullman bed/bunk, but you used to be able to book with 2 people. A few years ago, they restricted these cabins to 3 pax bookings only.

I had the agent call the Revenue Dept, and ask - they would not ease up on their restriction for only 3 pax.

Anyone have any luck or experience in trying to get these cabins with only 2 pax within the past 12-18 months?

Foolproof way to book is to pay for 3 people.

I've considered this. We owe our granddaughter a vacation, and this would be prefect. But what if we had to cancel her? I'm guessing it's a crap shoot on whether or not they would kick us out of that cabin?

I've considered this. We owe our granddaughter a vacation, and this would be prefect. But what if we had to cancel her? I'm guessing it's a crap shoot on whether or not they would kick us out of that cabin?

I would not cancel until the penalty phase for the 3/4 passengers, which I believe is 30 days before the cruise. You could still get moved, but I've not read of anyone being moved that late. Foolproof way is not to cancel, and just pay for the no show.

Edited by clarea

I would not cancel until the penalty phase for the 3/4 passengers, which I believe is 30 days before the cruise. You could still get moved, but I've not read pf anyone being moved that late. Foolproof way is not to cancel, and just pay for the no show.

$500 total price difference to book 3 vs 2 - not bad for a 9 night cruise I guess there's the decision.

Those balconies are awesome though....

Love these corner afts. Stayed in them a few times until the new restriction :mad:. We've tried several times to get in but always told no. Rep said if they weren't booked by final payment date they would be released for 2. By then price is usually way up there and the one I want isn't available.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Voyager and my parents had an aft Balcony for 2 people. 7688

if you are looking at one don't go on this side. There was a smell of sewerage for most of the cruise- you could smell it also when walking around the track on deck 4 (it was worse when the weather was humid). The smell got inside the room whenever you opened the door. Royal Carribean weren't very helpful about it. the smell wasn't on the other side of the ship.

I just tried this yesterday actually. I was trying to book Liberty Jan '19 cabin 7708 and 7408 both with 2 peeps in both, my t/a called but they said its too far out too book those with only 2 people. :o We booked the new cabins on deck 12 instaed.

I thought about booking 3 in each room with a dummy 3rd person but was afraid of them repricing the room after I dropped the 3rd person.