Differences between Oasis and Harmony/Your Preference?

cubalinda

Hi all. I'm looking for some people to chime in with the differences and similarities between the Oasis (or Allure) and Harmony of the Seas.

If you have been fortunate enough to sail on both (or have done a lot of research) I'd love to hear from you as I was on the Oasis last yr and am going on a cruise aboard the Harmony in April and am curious about the two.

I know that they share many of the same features like neighborhoods and many of the same restaurants and general type of entertainment and activity offerings. What surprised you as similar between the two ships?

I know about the Abyss and the water-slides and Bionic Bar on the Harmony, but what else is different?

How is the new decor? room layout? New Shows? etc.

Are there things that are on Harmony or policies that have changed for the worse? ( i.e Someone informed me that now on Harmony there are $3 food charges per item that were free on the Oasis?? I don't know the new room service fees on Harmony, so i can't comment. Any idea?) I guess what I'm also saying is Are they charging us for more things than they have before (due to the newness of the ship or other reasons?)

I heard that the Attic comedy club was not really conducive to stand up comedy shows and that they thought that they would phase out comedy shows when doing the Caribbean cruises. Any idea/comments?

I know this is subjective, but which ship do you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance for those that contribute their comments, experiences and information.

Hi all. I'm looking for some people to chime in with the differences and similarities between the Oasis (or Allure) and Harmony of the Seas.

If you have been fortunate enough to sail on both (or have done a lot of research) I'd love to hear from you as I was on the Oasis last yr and am going on a cruise aboard the Harmony in April and am curious about the two.

I know that they share many of the same features like neighborhoods and many of the same restaurants and general type of entertainment and activity offerings. What surprised you as similar between the two ships?

I know about the Abyss and the water-slides and Bionic Bar on the Harmony, but what else is different?

Are there things that are on Harmony or policies that have changed for the worse? ( i.e Someone informed me that now on Harmony there are $3 food charges per item that were free on the Oasis?? I don't know the new room service fees on Harmony, so i can't comment. Any idea?) I guess what I'm also saying is Are they charging us for more things than they have before (due to the newness of the ship or other reasons?)

I heard that the Attic comedy club was not really conducive to stand up comedy shows and that they thought that they would phase out comedy shows when doing the Caribbean cruises. Any idea/comments?

Thanks in advance for those that contribute their comments, experiences and information.

OASIS by far because the Harmony does not have a pool in the solarium.

We have been on Oasis, Allure, and Harmony (Harmony last week).

I've described Harmony as being a more updated, slightly better version of Oasis and Allure. The ships are virtually the same floor plan with the exception of a few venues. The show quality is the same, the layout is the same, the decor is updated and modern. We much preferred the new style staterooms and decor on Harmony (lots of dark blues, greys, silver) to Oasis and Allure. Harmony is essentially the Oasis class blueprints with the decor and features of Quantum class ships.

Room service menus are different on Harmony. There is a slight charge (~$3) for hot breakfast items and (~$5) for hot lunch and dinner entrees. There are also free options from breakfast - dinner. Coffee, pastries, etc are still free for breakfast.

The Attic is a little bizarre. It is the exact same venue (layout-wise) as Blaze on Oasis and Allure, which is a nightclub. I prefer the separate comedy club on Oasis, but The Attic is totally fine for a comedy show, its just clear that is wasn't its sole purpose.

Aside from a couple minor drawbacks (the windowless Diamond Lounge, the Ultimate Abyss blocking boardwalk balcony views, Jamie's replacing Giovanni's) I would say that they took an amazing ship and improved upon it and brought the dated decor into 2016.

Would I pay significantly more for Harmony than Oasis/Allure? No.

Do I prefer the Harmony overall compared to Oasis/Allure? Yes, partially because it is brand new!

Been on all three and there are w few advantages to Harmony. The comedy club is where blaze was, now called the attic. It is larger and more comfortable. I enjoyed that venue as a comedy as well as drinking. The old comedy club was just that and not really useable as much else.

The big drawback is the view from any boardwalk balcony. When they put the abyss shutes in it totally ruined any real view that is available on the other two sister ships. I like the new cabin decor which was introduced on the quantum class ships. Although there is no pool in the solarium, I don't think that is a deal breaker. The purpose of adding the two pool slides and abyss is to appeal to the families and I think it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harmony decor in the cabins is more up to date: rather elegant greys, blues and silver. And I think iirc that the chairs on the balcony had footstools

The slides are fun if you like that kind of thing

Wonderland is good

No pool in Solarium is a major fail IMO. That and the inflated price would probably stop me from choosing Harmony again.

Other than the above and the comedy club/Attic difference she is identical.

Personally I'd take Cats over Grease any day. Seen Grease twice now, on Harmony and on Indy, and the show didn't improve - dated and heteronormative, in my view. The songs are good though, to be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 7 months later...

Hi

We're looking at going on the Jewel of the Seas. We have four teenage grandchildren. My husband and son-in-law don't want to go on 5,000 plus passengers in the Mediterranean in July. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hi

We're looking at going on the Jewel of the Seas. We have four teenage grandchildren. My husband and son-in-law don't want to go on 5,000 plus passengers in the Mediterranean in July. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Is this trip for you or for the kids. If it's for the kids then you should take them on an Oasis class ship and let them have a blast. Do the Jewel when it's just the adults.

We have been on all three and prefer the Harmony:

those slides which some people think ruin their view; sorry, but we LOVE the fact that there ARE slides like this. Views can be changed; adding a slide is a bit more difficult

The service in the MDR was an absolute DISASTER when we sailed on the Oasis: no, I do not think i should have to wait over an HOUR to get food; we found Harmony to be better, service-wise

Kids??? We last sailed the Harmony in April this year and on our sailing there were more than "2000 children." You couldn't tell IMO.

Having sailed the Allure and Oasis several times and thoroughly enjoyed - especially watching grandkids enjoying zip line, skating, etc., I am very disappointed that the Harmony has no pool in the solarium.

That could be a deal breaker for me. Oasis and Allure pools are not very big, but usually crowded; not with swimmers, but usually adults cooling off and visiting. Personally think the omission is a big mistake. Not everyone is a hot tub fan.

And no umbrellas at the beach pool, just lots of crowded loungers.

After being on Oasis for a week, and staying on the ship at Labadee, I now have a greater appreciation for those umbrellas at the beach pool.