Anyone know what these onboard credit codes mean?

Ninotchka

So I figure that

OBN-ONB CREDIT PCP N $100

means nonrefundable, and

OBN-ONB CREDIT PCP R $100

means refundable.

But what do these mean?

OBN-ONB CREDIT GAP C $100

OBN-ONB CREDITS INDI $100

the codes are for TA-provided OBC, but I can't tell if it's refundable or not.

Thanks! Aboard Equinox now and having a fabulous time.

So I figure that

OBN-ONB CREDIT PCP N $100

means nonrefundable, and

OBN-ONB CREDIT PCP R $100

means refundable.

But what do these mean?

OBN-ONB CREDIT GAP C $100

OBN-ONB CREDITS INDI $100

the codes are for TA-provided OBC, but I can't tell if it's refundable or not.

Thanks! Aboard Equinox now and having a fabulous time.

My understanding is that OBN is non-refundable and OBR is refundable. Looks like all of your OBC is non-refundable.

Since you are aboard you can check your account on the stateroom TV. Any questions should be directed to Guest a relations. Enjoy your cruise.

TBH, I was wondering why the OP didn't go and ask at Guest Relations if they are currently onboard :confused:? Information provided will then be 'straight from the horse's mouth' ;).

Thank you! This was helpful. I'd been fixating on the end of the text string and not the beginning. When I looked more closely and ignored the rest, I saw that some of them were OBN and some were in fact OBR.

Appreciate the tip!

All your OBC is non-refundable. Don't know what all the rest of the codes stand for but all that is important is all yours start with OBN. OBR is refundable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On some cruises they appear to combine all OBC in one account. On some cruises they seem to divide the OBC into the individual account of the passenger. You need to check to see what they've done and go to Guest Relations and request they combine if that's what you want.

The OBN gap is, I believe, a cross promotion between Celebrity and your online TA. If it's like what I had from an online NH TA I used, even their loyalty OBC was non refundable on that cruise. Unless it says OBR, use it or lose it.

That's why it's important to ask your TA when they're telling you about the OBC to book, who is supplying the OBC and if it will be refundable. If Celebrity contributes any of it, it will be OBN.

The OBN gap is, I believe, a cross promotion between Celebrity and your online TA. If it's like what I had from an online NH TA I used, even their loyalty OBC was non refundable on that cruise. Unless it says OBR, use it or lose it.

That's why it's important to ask your TA when they're telling you about the OBC to book, who is supplying the OBC and if it will be refundable. If Celebrity contributes any of it, it will be OBN.

I had Loyalty OBC from the same TA as well as OBC from booking at Future Cruises. In my case only the OBC directly from Celebrity was non refundable. Sometimes a TA is really giving a OBC that really comes from Celebrity. In this case, the OBC portion that passes from Celebrity is non refundable. As you say, it's important to ask your TA about the OBC.