Princess "Commodores"

picruiser

Any Princess Commodores out there? What were the amenities onboard your Princess cruise? My first cruise with Princess since attaining Commodore status....What can I expect? :p

Congratualtions on Commodore status! My DW was one of the first, and we cruised on Golden Princess not long ago with her new status. It is simply equal to Elite, so you get all the same perks. It will not show on your reservation, but when you check in you will get the black card.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Dumb Question.....What is Commodore Status?

I believe it is for TAs only, who have gone through Princess training? No requirement on the number of Princess cruises a TA takes. Whereas, to become Elite you must have taken 15 Princess cruises and become Elite on your 16 Princess cruise.

I too am traveling on Princess for the first time as Elite due to my Commodore ranking with Princess as a TA. I noticed that my boarding pass is green and not blue like my family so it is attached to my reservation but not listed anywhere. Marilyn:D

Princess hasn't had "commodore" status in years - we recieved that a long time ago and with less cruises than it took to become "elite" - There were no special "commodore" perks.

Ron

Princess hasn't had "commodore" status in years - we recieved that a long time ago and with less cruises than it took to become "elite" - There were no special "commodore" perks.

Ron

Princess does have commodore status available for Travel Agents. Not sure where you are getting your information from?

I'm not a TA but both DH and I have Princess Commodore pins. We've been sailing with Princess since 1977. I can't remember how long ago we received them. Would love to know when they started giving them out. As I recall, we didn't receive any special perks at that level... we were just satisfied with the pins. Times certainly have changed, haven't they!

Sandy

Ron

I'm not a TA but both DH and I have Princess Commodore pins. We've been sailing with Princess since 1977. I can't remember how long ago we received them. Would love to know when they started giving them out. As I recall, we didn't receive any special perks at that level... we were just satisfied with the pins. Times certainly have changed, haven't they!

Sandy

This has nothing at all to do with the old Commodore status with Princess, but a new program where TA's can achieve Elite Status without taking the cruises others of us need to get to Elite level.

It must have taken effect the end of last year as I know of someone who achieved this level through Princess TA program before the first of the year.

Here's an explanation from one TA's website:

On May 31, 2006, Princess launched a new “Princess Expert” program in conjunction with a new interface in their travel agent Website. The program consists of four levels of training named after on-ship rank levels. The first is “First Officer”, the second “Staff Captain”, the third “Captain” and the highest is “Commodore”.

I don't know what the perks are at each level.

November 1 was the first date open to take the final exam and book your cruise, if there was still one available! I managed to book for December 16 of this year on CB and am very much looking forward to it.

I did, however, sail the one-night cruise on the Golden Princess, May 4, from Vancouver to Seattle and was given a black card. Also was provided with a "stocked" mini-bar which was a treat I hadn't expected, especially for a one-nighter.

Sandy

DH and I received our Commodore pins in 1984, after our first Princess cruise. We still wear them, along with our Elite(me) & Platinum (DH) pins. More than a couple of Captains have commented on the old pins. One told us to always wear it with our current level because it was the first recognition pin given to passengers.

As said.....this must be different from the TA program. As yet, I don't believe that Princess has rolled out something higher than Elite. Surely we would have heard about it from those holding a new 'ranking'.

I believe it is for TAs only, who have gone through Princess training? No requirement on the number of Princess cruises a TA takes. Whereas, to become Elite you must have taken 15 Princess cruises and become Elite on your 16 Princess cruise.

Or 150 'Sea-Days.' :D

We reached Commodore status last year. Our Commodore cruise is next year, but we sailed the Crown and got all the elite perks. It was worth all those classes.

And we can sell Princess with our eyes closed now. It was truly a thorough way to learn everything about Princess.

Princess does have commodore status available for Travel Agents. Not sure where you are getting your information from?

Well "EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE" me, I am not a TA but I did achieve "commodore" status long ago. The OP did not identify her/his self as a TA - where are you getting your info from for "NON _ TA" regular folk??

Ron

Well "EXCUUUUUUUUUUSE" me, I am not a TA but I did achieve "commodore" status long ago. The OP did not identify her/his self as a TA - where are you getting your info from for "NON _ TA" regular folk??

Ron

Don't you read the posts that come before yours?

Why - I read the OP's post and there was no mention of being a TA - Anyone can become a TA if they want.

Ron

The two right before yours did mention the fact that you had to be a

TA. Yes anyone can become a TA but I believe to achieve the commodore status takes some work.

Any Princess Commodores out there? What were the amenities onboard your Princess cruise? My first cruise with Princess since attaining Commodore status....What can I expect? :p

I too am traveling on Princess for the first time as Elite due to my Commodore ranking with Princess as a TA. I noticed that my boarding pass is green and not blue like my family so it is attached to my reservation but not listed anywhere. Marilyn:D

Congratulations to the both of you. I remember how difficult some of the courses were, and I've sailed Princess. Hats of to you for completing it Not having been yet!!!! As MercedMike said you will not see it in your booking and rather than receiving a blue card you will receive the "black card" when you check in. You will receive all the "elite" benefits.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!!!!

Archived