Transportation from port

Sandi07054

What is the most economical way to get to beaches, Hamilton etc. it appears a taxi to Horseshoe is around $40? We are a group of 6 adults

Thank you

A taxi for 6 would be approx $43.50. Last year the minibus shuttles to Horseshoe were $7 per person. The cheapest way would be the public bus. That is $4.50 per adult for a token. I recommend the minibus shuttles or taxis as being the best way. The buses you have to wait for a bus and you might have to stand. Also unless the new roadway construction changes things the buses drop off and pick up at the top of the hill while taxis and minibus shuttles park down at the beach parking lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
what's the difference between mini bus versus taxi or just the amount of people that fit

Yes, that would be a difference but also the taxi departs when you want to, but the shuttle waits until it fills with passengers. The fares would also be different with the shuttle bus less expensive than the taxi. A taxi will take you anywhere you want to go, but the shuttle would need a group of like minded people for the same trip.

SBtS

what the difference between mini bus versus taxi or just the amount of people that fit

Not just the amount of people. The Minibuses have fixed fares to their destination and the fare is per person. Taxi fares are metered and the fare is per taxi.

• 1 month later...

And on the return to the port, one would simply walk to the parking lot at HBB and hop on a shuttle waiting to fill up with passengers? or is there a return time schedule like every half hour or so? Then it's a straight shot back to Dockyard correct?

Thanks in advance for any information....:D

And on the return to the port, one would simply walk to the parking lot at HBB and hop on a shuttle waiting to fill up with passengers? or is there a return time schedule like every half hour or so? Then it's a straight shot back to Dockyard correct?

Thanks in advance for any information....:D

Yes, simply walk to the parking lot, hop on and wait for it to fill up. It only took a few minutes to fill up the three times I have done it and there were plenty of shuttles waiting. No schedule and a straight shot back to the Dockyard.

The beach shuttle will be located at zone 5?

Yes, I have not read of any changes.

SBtS

Maybe. They don't always announce changes to minor details of the transportation arrangements and it could easily change, or it very well might not. Usually we only find out from early season cruisers who upon returning report on anything new or different.

Okay. I'll just know to look for the zone with "minibus for hire" sign. I just wanted to clarify exactly what a "shuttle" was called. Thanks!

The zones and locations have changed some from year to year, last year the location and zone was changed from the year before, they have been tweaking it every year, but whatever they do the minibuses beach shuttles should not be hard to find.

555226d2ddd3c72bbf0cdc4756108cc1.jpg