First timer's Bermuda must-do's

irrelephant

Please do not take your 9 month old. Even on the calmest of days there will be waves from at least other boats no matter how slow you go. You really do not want them to jolted around at that age. Falling overboard would be least of my worries with a little one. Adults and children can anticipate a hit from a wave and act accordingly, an infant has no idea. Think about like this, if you were not looking and a small wave or wake hits the boat you will be jolted somewhat but you will be able to recover. Now an infants little neck may not be able to support its head if jolted to hard. I have been boating for 40 years and have seen my share of unexpected jolts.

• 4 weeks later...

what beach, close to the dock would you recommend for three children ages 13, 12 and 9

Need somewhere easy to get to either by walking or bus - husband has mobility issues

Thanks in advance

Yes! That's them! Thanks for the photo! And if you continued straight from the path from the dock you will come out right there between the wooden balcony (left) and yellow building (right).

Do you remember the carriage cost?

Is there any problem taking food off of the ship? Thinking of making sandwiches from Buffet and having a picnic lunch on the beach with grandkids.

I know some ports do not allow food to be brought in.

Is there any problem taking food off of the ship? Thinking of making sandwiches from Buffet and having a picnic lunch on the beach with grandkids.

I know some ports do not allow food to be brought in.

It's not allowed in Bermuda, and I've seen bags searched and things seized. You can take factory-packaged snacks such as granola bars.

We've only been once but quite enjoyed a leisurely horse carriage tour in St. George! Lots of information about what it's like to live on the island, went thru a residential area, stopped and let us pick native flowers from a bush, another stop at the sea glass beach where we were allowed to take a piece each. Just really worth it!

Also, Crystal Caves was neat. (You only need to do one of them though.). And at the same bus stop is the original Swizzle Inn where you can get local fare and try the famous drink.

The horse carriage tour sounds very interesting. Where can I find out about this?

Thanks!