Dawn TVs Question

We sailed in December. I know you can check your accounts. We didn't do excursions. I looked, but couldn't find dinner reservations (the only ones we made), but that doesn't mean they weren't there. You'll get more detailed responses. Enjoy your cruise. Dawn is a nice ship.

Nexus 9 on Tapatalk Pro

Hmmmm,,, I think they were. We sailed on the Dawn in September. Since their first attempts at interactive TV on the Epic 6 years ago, NCL has always had a problem syncing reservations made pre-cruise with those on the cruise. the TVs are never accurate. We always use iConcierge to look at balances,,,, the interactive TV is wayyyyy to clunky.

Yes you can do a lot of things on the TV including checking your excursion and dinner reservations.

For anyone who may be wondering, you can bring a $5 universal remote if you need to change inputs on the TV to use a DVD/media player, iPad airplay, etc.

Just be aware that there in only one 110V plug in the room (aside from the bathroom) and you'll have to run a long extension cord around the room to be able to plug it into the TV

Since their first attempts at interactive TV on the Epic 6 years ago, NCL ...

NCL's first interactive TV system (for checking account balance) is on Gem, entered in service ten years ago, in 2007.

Epic was the first one with iConcierge.

Yes you can do a lot of things on the TV including checking your excursion and dinner reservations.

For anyone who may be wondering, you can bring a $5 universal remote if you need to change inputs on the TV to use a DVD/media player, iPad airplay, etc.

Just be aware that there in only one 110V plug in the room (aside from the bathroom) and you'll have to run a long extension cord around the room to be able to plug it into the TV

There maybe more than the one outlet - check around near the TV and coffee machine - DO NOT disconnect

the TV or its cable feed it maybe part of the emergency notification paging muster evacuation system.

As for the coffee machine that's fair game after you have had your caffine fix !

Stay away from extension cords using the bath outlet only suitable for electric razors and low current draw

appliances !

Bring a small three outlet socket or a power strip.

Avoid extension cords trip hazard and possible medical alert problems with CPAP machines being interrupted !

Need help co-ordinate your electrical needs with your cabin steward !

The outlets near the TV coffee machine are sufficient for most all demanding activities !

There maybe more than the one outlet - check around near the TV and coffee machine - DO NOT disconnect

the TV or its cable feed it maybe part of the emergency notification paging muster evacuation system.

As for the coffee machine that's fair game after you have had your caffine fix !

Stay away from extension cords using the bath outlet only suitable for electric razors and low current draw

appliances !

Bring a small three outlet socket or a power strip.

Avoid extension cords trip hazard and possible medical alert problems with CPAP machines being interrupted !

Need help co-ordinate your electrical needs with your cabin steward !

The outlets near the TV coffee machine are sufficient for most all demanding activities !

I just got off the Dawn, and in my Mini Suite, there was only 1 110V plug. The TV, coffee maker, etc all were using Euro style plugs which I didn't have any adapter for. If you bring adapters that is definitely your best bet.

As far as coordinating with your cabin steward, they told me to check with the front desk who were able to provide me with exactly 1 extension cord (that had 3 inputs) and was quite long. Using that combined with the extension cords I brought, it worked out just fine for me. I had it split off near the bedside so that we could plug in our phones and other things, and then ran the rest to the TV area with another splitter for the media player, etc.

I definitely agree that you should not unplug your TV though!