Big island snorkel tour (bodyglove) a must!!

luv2gonow

Aloha,

I am on the POA right now and loving Hawaii!!

My best excursion hands down was in Kona. I booked thru NCL but they use the boat bodyglove which is next to tender dock. yiu can book on your own but it seems to be only $3 cheaper that way.

Either way amazing day!!

This catamaran is huge with a fully shaded lower deck with booths on each side. 3 bathrooms , upper deck has some shade as well. and they serve continental bkfst and a yummy burger lunch. Cash bar. My mom came and does not swim and had a great day.

Spinner dolphins followed our boat at some point to an amazing snorkel location . Did I mention they also have a slide, jumping platforms, paddle Boards, tubes, noodles.

Get there early for best spot if u want shade and a booth but I'm telling you boat is very roomy.

I have been on a lot of snorkel excursions and this was by far best boat with a great crew!!!

Kerri

I am not a swimmer at all. Is there flotation devices like tubes or rafts to hang out on? How many people are on the boat?

My husband would love this.

Yes they have" more noodles than the olive garden". One of the crews jokes.

Seriously a ton of noodles. Big comfy tubes and a large floating mat. These are tied to boat with long string so you wont float away. Also paddle boards. I think 2 that they rotate to give many peeps a chance if they want.

Not sure how many but there must have been 50 ish. Get there early if need be and you will have your pick of booths downstairs with full shade. We shared with another family and it worked perfect. Mom sat there and got up walked around and watched us snorkeling, jumping off boat etc. She really enjoyed it.

Kerri

luv2gonow

thank you for the review..

I see it says it has 2 1/2 hours of water time, but how long is the entire boat ride and excursion?

How was the snorkeling?

Do they take a secluded area, or is there a bunch of other operators with boatful's of people to..

luv2gonow

I see it says it has 2 1/2 hours of water time, but how long is the entire boat ride and excursion?

How was the snorkeling?

Do they take a secluded area, or is there a bunch of other operators with boatful's of people to..

We did this and the catamaran leaves the dock around 8:00am and returns around 2:00 pm

An hour to get to the snorkel area and an hour back if my memory serves me.

Secluded area with pristine clear water.

luv2gonow

How was the snorkeling?

I think it was like 4/1/2 to 5hrs. Left at 8, we got on about 7:30

Like PP said about an hour ride there but it was great along the coast very scenic, and we saw dolphins.

Spot was perfect along a Cliffside. Crystal clear water and it was quiet. The zodiac boat came whizzing around a little but it was truly perfect!

Of course you can't anticipate the weather.

Kerri

Luv2gonow....No slots left through NCL..based on your experience will we be able to get over to shore in time to make this snorkel trip?

Contact Body Glove directly to see if they can get you onboard via NCL excursion.

When I signed up there was only one ticket left, by contacting them directly they were able to get us another ticket for my girl friend.

***They have an afternoon trip as well.

Luv2gonow....No slots left through NCL..based on your experience will we be able to get over to shore in time to make this snorkel trip?

As mentioned above, check with BodyGlove to see if they can either get you on the NCL tour or book you direct. But if they are unable to help, be aware NCL does not always book 100% of their tours pre cruise, but reserves some for sale on board. I'd go straight to the Excursion Desk to ask.

If you do end up booking independent, you should be able to get off and to the location well before 8:00 am. The night before the port, the Freestyle Daily for Kona will list the time and location to line up for tender tx the next am. Be there well in advance with your entire party to get your tickets. You should be on the first or second tender, and the ship usually begins the tender operations shortly after 7:00 am.