Caribbean Beaches

Georgina1505

Hi All,

I'm doing my first Caribbean Cruise in December with Hubby on Azura and I'm looking for recommendations for the best beach & things to do in the following. Can anyone help?

Tortola

Martinique

St Vincent

St Lucia

Any help/ advice will be much appreciated :)

Edited by Georgina1505
Page layout

only been to Tortola and St lucia of the ones listed. In Tortola, we like Cane Garden beach which is quite busy. If you're looking for something quieter, brewer's bay might suit you. Both are on the other side of the island from Roadtown.

In St Lucia, we always head to Reduit Beach on Rodney Bay and position ourselves close to Spinnaker's beach bar.

We always negotiate a good price for a taxi but have been known to use local buses

Tortola - Cain garden bay is lovely

St Lucia - Rodney Bay for the sand and length beach but marigot bay has lovely scenery and is quite upmarket but not as good sand and sea.

St Vincent - Not really a beach island, there may be some but I didn't see any - we did an island tour here.

Not been to Martinique yet.

We are also on Azura cruise on 29th Dec this year so looking forward to Martinique

Hi

When you get off the ship in St Vincent there are water taxis touting to take you to a beach,don't go near them the beach they take you to is the size of a postage stamp, dirty and full of sand flies.

Cane Garden is beautiful but can be very busy, the last time we visited Tortola we did the ship excursion to Jost Van Dyke which is worth a look.

First time in Martinique we just walked into the town from the ship. Big mistake, a real dump! Second time we took a p&o tour which showed the other side of what is a beautiful island and included a beach stop , just can't remember the name of the beach just now. :confused:

St. Lucia - zip line!! Not sure which company we used, if it's still about (we went in 2008) or whereabouts in relation to the cruise terminal as we were on a fly holiday but it's an absolutely great experience if you like that kind of thing; I normally don't do that kind of activity but it really is breathtaking and a once-in-a-lifetime experience :)

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went to Martinique a couple of years ago and took an early ferry to Point a boute. We rented a couple of loungers in a hotel complex which we found by just following the fellow passengers off the ferry. The costs were reasonable if I remember. The complex filled up fairly quickly and several people were left disappointed when trying to hire loungers.

The last ferry back was also rammed and there was a long queue when waiting to board, so I would suggest an earlier return trip would be advisable

In St Lucia you should book with Cosol. Wonderful island tour with food and drink and beach stop on the one between the Pitons, as seen on all the pictures of St Lucia. Great reviews on the ports of call board on here. Just google.

In St Lucia you should book with Cosol. Wonderful island tour with food and drink and beach stop on the one between the Pitons, as seen on all the pictures of St Lucia. Great reviews on the ports of call board on here. Just google.

Have to agree. Used Cosol a couple of times previously and booked a third time this November

• 2 weeks later...