Repositioning Cruise

VeggieCruzer

Usually in April/May and September/October on the West Coast. The lines pull their Alaska ships south for the winter. Less common are the Panama Canal cruises. You can also find European ones if you look hard enough.

The Spirit does Hawaii/Vancouver between her Mexico/Alaska cruises.

HAL and Princess does several a year. The good thing about HAL and Princess is that once you have sailed Carnival you can get past guest rates on the lines.

Has to be some on the East Coast also.

The Elation is doing a Panama canal repo at the end of April.

Seach repositioning cruises on most any website.

To Go... transatlantic on HAL, Noordam My 14 from Ft Laud..to Barcelona.price is $749,13 days Gtee cabin for 2..one way air for me is a waitlist/standby, $150, and will book a R/t for pal, from BCN bk to TPA, and just not go on 2nd leg...much cheeper., by about $300....price will come down about Mar/April. I just Googled Re-po cruises..and got this one, but use it allll the time..they only run b4 and after main cruzin season...this one goes bk in "Oct I think. And we board Costa Concordia a day after we port.with 4 more dayz on our own in BCN to explore

Fantasy is moving to charleston and I can not find a repositioning trip for it.

Carnival tends to not do re-po cruises for these type things. They just do a quick one or two day empty run to move the ship instead of selling an cruise that must include foreign ports. They do the same thing every year when they move a ship north to New York for the Canada cruises. They run empty from Miami to Charleston, do a cruise their, then sail empty up to Norfolk and do a cruise there, then sail empty again up to New York. Occasionally they do a Panama Canal when moving ships. But mostly Carnival just moves the ship and gets it over with.

To board passengers at one USA port and drop them off at a different port requires a stop at a distant foreign port. The nearest ones from the east coast that qualify are Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire or ports in South America. Repositioning a ship through the Panama Canal can easily call on one of these ports, Cartagena being the easiest but when sending a ship from Miami to Charleston it would require a nine or ten day itinerary to reach one of the required ports. It is more profitable for Carnival to just sail the ship empty and start a six or seven day itinerary at the new port.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived