2012 Cruise Brides

Tasha4199

Hey everyone! The 2011 Carnival Brides thread looked so fun, but we 2012 girls need our own thread, and I didn't want to exclude anyone. :D

I'm getting married on the Carnival Dream July 7, 2012. Only 283 days away! :eek: Can't wait!!

~Tasha

I am gettting married on Carnival Conquest in port of NOLA on March 18, 2012. 171 days.

Wow. In ways it still feels like it's so far away, but then again the days are going by faster and faster. And just think, we are less than 3 months away from Christmas, and everyone knows how fast that goes, so once that's over and out the way, we will be 3 months closer to our weddings!!!!

Congrats girls!!!! Happy Planning!!! Can't wait to hear about all your ideas!

okay, this has been nothing but everyone posting their wedding dates which is good but let's actually talk.

My MOH just backed out on me because another friend is expecting and due the day before we're supposed to leave. Apparently they're closer friends than we are because she chose to cancel her booking and stay here for reasons I can't really fathom right now as I mean, seriously? it's not like it's her kid and what the heck is she gaining by staying here? There's only 6 mos to go and I don't have a booking confirmation from any other good candidate for MOH (we had just a BM & MOH with no other attendants.) What should I do (other than block her from my facebook, tell her not to contact me and remove her from my wedding website as I have already done)?

okay, this has been nothing but everyone posting their wedding dates which is good but let's actually talk.

My MOH just backed out on me because another friend is expecting and due the day before we're supposed to leave. Apparently they're closer friends than we are because she chose to cancel her booking and stay here for reasons I can't really fathom right now as I mean, seriously? it's not like it's her kid and what the heck is she gaining by staying here? There's only 6 mos to go and I don't have a booking confirmation from any other good candidate for MOH (we had just a BM & MOH with no other attendants.) What should I do (other than block her from my facebook, tell her not to contact me and remove her from my wedding website as I have already done)?

Ouch - very sorry to hear about your MOH!

Hello 2012 Brides! This is great -- there are a lot of us here already! Let's learn some more about each other -- I'll go first: :)

NAME? Cindy

AGE? 36

LINE/SHIP Carnival Miracle

WEDDING PORT New York

WEDDING DATE April 20, 2012

HOW LONG TOGETHER WITH S2B (Spouse 2 Be)? Almost 3 years. We have a 2 year old little boy who is the coolest little man ever. Finally getting around to getting married! (We've known each other for many years -- he's one of my brother's best friends. I actually don't remember when we first met - isn't that terrible?)

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CRUISE WEDDING? This is the second marriage for both of us. I had a wedding last time, but he didn’t. I wanted something really easy – maybe run off to Vegas! – but he wanted a real wedding. Cruise wedding was our compromise – really easy to do, but our family and friends could still all be there for our port wedding.

HOW MANY GUESTS (SAILING AND NON-SAILING)? 5 sailing – us, our son, and Grandma/Grandpa. Probably the maximum of 50 non-sailing.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO? I’m planning to get a Dolly Couture short and sassy dress and I want a really awesome pair of sexy red shoes. I’m so excited about the shoes! :D Oh wait, probably should have said something first about my husband to be… hahaha! :o I’m also super excited about getting pictures on deck with the Statue of Liberty as we sail past. After we get married, we’re having dinner in the Steakhouse that evening – I can’t wait for that. Just a romantic dinner with the 2 of us after all the hub-bub of the wedding. I’m also intensely looking forward to relaxing on our balcony with a pina colada with H2B as we cruise away on our honeymoon. Ahhhhh!

Archived