Best excursion?

CaribbeanLuver

We LOVE going to Grenada! The whole island smells so good and the water is warm. :)

For FUN give the Rhum Runner Party Boat w/beach stop a try. It's a favorite of ours when in Grenada! :D

LuLu

Grand Anse Beach is gorgeous -white sand and numerous beach bars

You could do the Rhum Runner and go to BBC beach - you snorkel off the beach at BBC

You could do the Grenada Seafaris Powerboat Adventure and then go to Grand Anse afterwards - you snorkel at the Marine Protected Areas with this tour so likely to see significantly more wildlife and diversity

obviously what you see depends on the visibility fo the day - but either one is super fun :-)

We have white sand beaches and black sand beaches on our lovely island. not quite as many as Antigua but not far off :p

Edited by IslandStar

We had a private tour with Vaughan Francis because we had seen most of the sights the previous year. we ended up at La Sagesse beach which was stunning and quiet. you can find him at tagrenada dot com. Sunsation tours set us up with him since it was only two of us. Sunsation was also great for beaching and touring. Highly recommend each.

• 1 month later...
We LOVE going to Grenada! The whole island smells so good and the water is warm. :)

For FUN give the Rhum Runner Party Boat w/beach stop a try. It's a favorite of ours when in Grenada! :D

LuLu

I have been trying to contact Rhum Runner, however I have not had any response after 3 attempts doing it online. Did you book this excursion on your own or was it through a cruise ship? We are going to be there for a day this November and I have done the Rhum Runner years ago and had a blast and would like to do this again. Please let me know how you contacted them.

Thanks.

I have been trying to contact Rhum Runner' date=' however I have not had any response after 3 attempts doing it online. [b']Did you book this excursion on your own or was it through a cruise ship?[/b] We are going to be there for a day this November and I have done the Rhum Runner years ago and had a blast and would like to do this again. Please let me know how you contacted them.

Thanks.

We've always booked it through the ship. :)

LuLu

Ok' date=' thanks. Carnival does not offer it as an excursion. :([/quote']

It could be that they are already committed to another cruise ship on that particular day:confused: Cruise ships dont allow them to mix private parties with their own cruise excursions so it is usually book on board or you can't have them. It is a tricky situation for small island operators. Try this email runner@spiceisle.com or try the through their facebook page. Good luck

It could be that they are already committed to another cruise ship on that particular day:confused: Cruise ships dont allow them to mix private parties with their own cruise excursions so it is usually book on board or you can't have them. It is a tricky situation for small island operators. Try this email runner@spiceisle.com or try the through their facebook page. Good luck

Thanks IslandStar. I have tried that e-mail, but I will continue to try. As far as I can see we are the only ship in port that day. I will give the Facebook a try. :)

Thanks IslandStar. I have tried that e-mail' date=' but I will continue to try. As far as I can see we are the only ship in port that day. I will give the Facebook a try. :)[/quote']

If all else fails contact Suzanne at Grenada Seafaris as their powerboat Adventure is great fun too.:p

If all else fails contact Suzanne at Grenada Seafaris as their powerboat Adventure is great fun too.:p

I was finally able to reach Rhum Runner after contacting them on facebook. They have added us to the list for that day. I'm excited. Thanks for the help/advise.

I was finally able to reach Rhum Runner after contacting them on facebook. They have added us to the list for that day. I'm excited. Thanks for the help/advise.

Great News! Have a really FUN time! :D

LuLu

Have done this few times booked through ship though

would Islandstar comment more about Grenada Seafaris powerboat

what differance between them and cost etc where too book we are party of 6

Thank you

Have done this few times booked through ship though

would Islandstar comment more about Grenada Seafaris powerboat

what differance between them and cost etc where too book we are party of 6

Thank you

Good question

Rhum Runner is a slowish, large catamaran with 2 decks, loads of music and free flowing drinks - essentially a booze cruise. with loads of fun folk

Not sure how long the tour is but they take you to BBC beach (lovely beach) for a swim stop and then you head back again.

Overall coastal sightseeing while having a great party :D

Seafaris is a fast powerboat adventure with 450hp pushing you over the sea. As far as I am aware there isn't another boat with similar design in the southern caribbean? Cool design of boat means you have jockey seats - bit like riding a motorbike. There is a bench seat for x2 folk too. Maximum on board is x10 so you have small, high quality tour.

You have a 2.5hr tour and a guided snorkel at the underwater sculpture park which is in the Marine Protected Area. The Captain of the boat is the Chairman of the group that maintain and also mange finding new artists for new pieces in the park so I guess you cant get better insight into the park and why it is there. Each stop along the coast has loads of info on the island and they cover history, geography, geology, marine protection, and anything else you may be interested in. My own personal view is it is a fantastic way to learn about and see our lovely island and also have a great guided snorkel with the sculptures by those that put them in there.

Either one you choose is great fun so I know you wont be disappointed:cool:

Yep had few Rum Punches on Rum Runner fab boat with great games / music

like to try the other one but some of our party are Non Swimmers :eek:

one does not like anything covers her face / mask

other than that i hope thats okay with Captain that will cover 4 of us

Yep had few Rum Punches on Rum Runner fab boat with great games / music

like to try the other one but some of our party are Non Swimmers :eek:

one does not like anything covers her face / mask

other than that i hope thats okay with Captain that will cover 4 of us

hmm I do know that one of the things Grenada Seafaris are renowned for is the care and coaching of nervous and non-swimmers I just dont know how many they are happy to take at any one time. Contact them and see as am sure they will work with you to make it a trip to remember.

As an aside ....I've been following their facebook non-stop today as they have launched the new sculpture into the park and it looks just amazing so am booking myself another trip to see it . Let us all know what you decide in the end :D

• 2 weeks later...
Grand Anse Beach is gorgeous -white sand and numerous beach bars

You could do the Rhum Runner and go to BBC beach - you snorkel off the beach at BBC

You could do the Grenada Seafaris Powerboat Adventure and then go to Grand Anse afterwards - you snorkel at the Marine Protected Areas with this tour so likely to see significantly more wildlife and diversity

obviously what you see depends on the visibility fo the day - but either one is super fun :-)

We have white sand beaches and black sand beaches on our lovely island. not quite as many as Antigua but not far off :p

IslandStar, I have NEVER been to a black sand beach. We will be there in May (soooo far away) on a RC cruise. Can you tell me more about these beaches? Where are they? Are their tours to them or how would we get to one? Do you have photos???

TIA!

IslandStar, I have NEVER been to a black sand beach. We will be there in May (soooo far away) on a RC cruise. Can you tell me more about these beaches? Where are they? Are their tours to them or how would we get to one? Do you have photos???

TIA!

A quick search on google and this link shows you Black Bay Beach. Last I know it had a big digger on it which messed up a bit of the picturesque quality of the place. It is volcanic sand so hot as hell when the sun gets to it. They are pretty but I prefer our white beaches for barefoot walking and swiming https://www.google.com/search?q=black+sand+beach+grenada&biw=1920&bih=945&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI29LXhMCIxwIVxRUeCh2N9gtK#imgrc=_CIG0NF3jgGkhM%3A