New Golf Cart Rental Place

kteachcruiser52

Karib Golf Carts in Grand Turk: Alternative to Nathan's

We have visited Grand Turk twice and will be returning in January. You can go right outside the gates to see if he has a golf cart if you have not reserved in advanced. They seem to go faster than Nathan” carts’. This company is dependable; that is they are at the right outside the gate when the ship docks and not an hour late. The view from the lighthouse was awesome. Govenor's beach wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be. The prison ($3 admission) and the Turks and Calicos Museum ($5 admission) were interesting.

Karib Auto Rental. Max Latortune. 649-242 -7826

E-mail: karibarental@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ karibarental

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Has anyone used Karib's lately? I have contacted them and the replied almost immediately. I have a cart spoken for in January, and I don't have to pay up front. I was just looking for someone who has used them and had a good outcome recently.

Yes I used them on dec 7 all went fine communicated by email they said since we were docked overnight that we could have it night prior also. I didn't get the email till the next morning so we didn't take them up on it.

Jimmy

I can't speak of the new place as I've only used Nathan's. In fact I called them this morning for our February 13th arrival, not knowing there's someone new in town. They said they would call me back in 15 minutes and that was 6 hours ago. Nathan's is outside the parking area. My guess is the other place may be the same as I believe all of that "area" is Carnival area. They aren't going to allow a vendor in their area. Again this is only my thinking/understanding. You will think you have lost your mind and are lost! LOL. As it's not just right there by the ship. It's just a 3 or 4 minute walk to Nathan's. They are just sitting there in lawn chairs. Nothing fancy, no "shop" no building, nothing. Remember this is Nathan's rental. We rented in January of 2014 and had a BLAST! I believe it was $100 for the day and you have to fill the tank back up. We had 4 adults on our golf cart and no problems. The only problem was finding a gas station. It's totally off of the beaten path, which made for more laughter for us 4 women in the golf cart. I'm going to check out the new place if I don't hear back from Nathan anytime soon. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
How much does it cost to rent a 4-person golf cart at Karib's? I went to their website but I don't see any pricing.

I am sailing on the Glory on February 7th and just booked with Karib. They quoted a 4 person golf cart for 100 for the day. They do not have 2 seater carts, so this will do for us. I will say, I have had a very pleasant experience in speaking with them, and booking thus far. Did not require a deposit, we just pay upon arrival. I hope the great customer service continues upon arrival!

• 2 weeks later...

I also contacted them about renting a golf cart while we are in Grand Turk. They email back the next day, but are requesting we pay up front for the $100 rental. Not sure if I feel comfortable with this since I have read on here that they are allowing people to pay cash once they get there.

• 4 months later...

B and B I found your update thank you!

icon1.gifGolf Carts- Karib Rentals

I have just returned from my cruise and wanted to report back about my experience with Karib Rentals. Let me give a brief background. I have been to Grand Turk many times on cruise and love the island! The best way to see the island is by golf cart or scooter. Previously I have rented golf carts from Nathan (3 times) and when I tried to contact him for this cruise he never did answer any of my requests. So I had read a little on Cruise Critic about Karib rentals and thought I would give them a try. First let me say if you want to see the island by golf cart you really should pre book. They have very limited supply and are often fully booked. The 4 seaters cost $100 for the day plus gas (maybe 6-8 dollars). The name of the young lad that runs the business is Max Latortue. I was talking to him about how his change in policy (he now asks for a credit card deposit) is concerning some people when in the past he didn't require a deposit it was on the honour system. He said people were booking carts and he was holding them for people then the people wouldn't show up and then he would lose out on a rental. This is a very sweet young man (25 ) I asked him! Working hard to establish a business. He provides an excellent map of the island and also verbal directions/recommendations. This is a very safe island and the local people are very friendly! We covered almost the entire island from Pillory beach to the lighthouse visited with the wild donkeys roaming around the lighthouse then down the other end of the island. Driving on the left side of the road was never an issue you just had to think a little more when you made turns at intersections. I don't think I saw a single stop light on the entire island. Happy to answer any questions !

• 3 weeks later...

We used Karibe rentals last week. He did take a 50% deposit using paypal prior to our arrival. When we got there we decided we needed 2 carts (4 adults and 1 child) he gave us a discount on the 2nd cart. ($80) He only asked that we put $5 gas in the tank when we returned it. The map was good, we had the same map 4 years ago - there are no street signs, so it's occasionally easy to get off track, but with the island being only 7 mi long, it's hard to get too lost. We made it to the lighthouse - was somewhat disappointed to see that Chukka tours had polluted the area with their zip line courses all around the light house. Loved the little donkeys. BTW they love fruitloops and goldfish.

Stop at governors beach, even though it appears closed. You will have the beach to yourself (no facilities open except 1 restroom and a shower) also make your way to the E side of the island past the cruise pier to the conch graveyard - we found several there.

Basically this is one of our favorite days on a cruise.

• Like 1

We used Karibe rentals last week. He did take a 50% deposit using paypal prior to our arrival. When we got there we decided we needed 2 carts (4 adults and 1 child) he gave us a discount on the 2nd cart. ($80) He only asked that we put $5 gas in the tank when we returned it. The map was good, we had the same map 4 years ago - there are no street signs, so it's occasionally easy to get off track, but with the island being only 7 mi long, it's hard to get too lost. We made it to the lighthouse - was somewhat disappointed to see that Chukka tours had polluted the area with their zip line courses all around the light house. Loved the little donkeys. BTW they love fruitloops and goldfish.

Stop at governors beach, even though it appears closed. You will have the beach to yourself (no facilities open except 1 restroom and a shower) also make your way to the E side of the island past the cruise pier to the conch graveyard - we found several there.

Basically this is one of our favorite days on a cruise.

Thanks for this review. Getting ready to book. We'll be there in just under a month. We are there from 7:00-2:00. What time do things open on the island? What condition did the golf carts seem to be in? I remember hearing about Nathan's having mechanical issues.

• 4 weeks later...

I just heard about renting a golf cart in GC. My hubby was interested in this excursion. It sounds like you are able to drive these golf carts on the roads? I assume these are gasoline powered carts. We had a gas golf cart & now use an electric one at our summer home. So can we get another couple to share the expense of this golf cart? I think I read where it is $100.00 for the day for a 4 seater. Our ship is there from 8 to 4 in March. I already know there are a total of ships docked that day so I would probably need to rent before we get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they are gas golf carts. We reserved ours ahead of time. Junior from Karib asks for a $50 deposit via PayPal to hold you cart and you pay him the additional 50 in cash when you arrive. You do drive them on the streets and just be aware that you drive on the left side of the road.

Just got back from Grand Turk. I would highly recommend the golf cart for the day. Junior was there along with several others to help out if needed. I thought I could pick up the rest of my party back in the cruise terminal, but couldn't. So Junior sent a car for them. Gave us a map and some suggestions and then on our way. Put a gallon of gas at $5.99 gallon before returning and had no problems at all.

Just got back from Grand Turk. I would highly recommend the golf cart for the day. Junior was there along with several others to help out if needed. I thought I could pick up the rest of my party back in the cruise terminal, but couldn't. So Junior sent a car for them. Gave us a map and some suggestions and then on our way. Put a gallon of gas at $5.99 gallon before returning and had no problems at all.

Thanks @gbrob for posting this, and OP for starting the thread. Just what I was looking to do in GT and wasn't sure where to start to get a cart. This is so helpful!!

Angie

Yes they are gas golf carts. We reserved ours ahead of time. Junior from Karib asks for a $50 deposit via PayPal to hold you cart and you pay him the additional 50 in cash when you arrive. You do drive them on the streets and just be aware that you drive on the left side of the road.

Thanks for the additional info @rtap! Can't wait to do this.

Angie