Copenhagen Amsterdam Dover and Azores

NYNC

Hi,

We'll be doing a TA to Copenhagen Amsterdam Dover and the Azores. I have Parkinson's (or some variant of it depending on who you ask) and fatigue easily. I normally use a cane but am considering a rollator for this trip. My question is are there any concerns I need to be aware of in visiting these ports? I figure the rollator will allow me to rest as needed.

Thanks

Hi,

We'll be doing a TA to Copenhagen Amsterdam Dover and the Azores. I have Parkinson's (or some variant of it depending on who you ask) and fatigue easily. I normally use a cane but am considering a rollator for this trip. My question is are there any concerns I need to be aware of in visiting these ports? I figure the rollator will allow me to rest as needed.

Thanks

Before purchasing a Rollator it's recommend that you have an accessment done by a Physical Therapist to make certain a Rollator is the correct piece of mobility equipment. Purchasing the wrong mobility equipment as well as noit having it properly fitted to one's hieght can cause additional problems.

Often individuals with Parkison's have difficulty operating a conventional rollator because of it's tendency to roll is the brakes are not properly applied. Depending on your circumstances the U-Step Rollator which was designed specifically for use with Parkison Patients operates only when the hand levers are pressed and stops when the hand levers are released is often recommended. However the price of the U-Step can be cost prohibitive to many individuals. Many insurance companies as well as Medicare do provide cost assistance with the proper documention.

Another thought for you. When we were on Copenhagen I was still using a wheelchair and my husband pushed me all over town. Do you have someone going with you who could do that for you? I now use a three wheel walker or a cane but he now has to slow down so I can keep up!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Another thought for you. When we were on Copenhagen I was still using a wheelchair and my husband pushed me all over town. Do you have someone going with you who could do that for you? I now use a three wheel walker or a cane but he now has to slow down so I can keep up!

My DW will be going with me but I'd hate to have her push me. I think that I'd do a scooter first.

My opinion is that a scooter should br able to cover the same ground as the wc. Just make sure it is fully charged before you leave the ship.

Edited by Going Coastal